PDA

View Full Version : Especially for Tyler (and our other border friends!)

John Miliunas
02-19-2004, 5:17 PM
Gee, hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but this is just too funny not to pass around. Check out this link: http://www.homestead.com/cameronwis/WisDictionary.html

Enjoy.... :D :cool:

Tyler Howell
02-19-2004, 5:41 PM
Gee....:rolleyes: Thanks John,

I actually snuck over the board yesterday and made the grand tour from Arcadia, to Swinns Valley, then the thriving metopouls of Rice Lake. It was a beautiful drive on a Sunny day.

Say guy,spend lots of money for us down at the WW show. I'm PMing you a list of things we can't live with out..:p

Dennis Peacock
02-19-2004, 7:47 PM
Gee, hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but this is just too funny not to pass around. Check out this link: http://www.homestead.com/cameronwis/WisDictionary.html

Enjoy.... :D :cool:

That thar iz purdy cute.....I's ain't frum thar but I can tawk lie dat wunce in a whule.....Ya'll jest haf fun now.. :)

Randy Moore
02-20-2004, 8:59 AM
That page was a riot. I laughed so hard and my dog just sat a watched me.

Dennis, my mom lives in Eagle Rock Mo., that is almost in Arkansas and just north of Eureka Springs, and everyone talks that way. And I understand them. The people from Minnesota are the ones that talk funny.

Randy

Mark Singer
02-20-2004, 9:17 AM
John,
That explains a lot you are speaking a different language...probably why the guys at Laguna Tools were having trouble understanding. West coast semi drivers...I got it though we past through your lovely state when I was a kid...and I must have picked up the lingo...Great page!

John Miliunas
02-20-2004, 9:39 AM
John,
That explains a lot you are speaking a different language...probably why the guys at Laguna Tools were having trouble understanding. West coast semi drivers...I got it though we past through your lovely state when I was a kid...and I must have picked up the lingo...Great page!

Yahhey, it be a nice state, though this morning it feels and looks more like Seattle...Rain and fog! Geez, I tell 'ya, if it were 10 degrees colder, believe-you-me, we'd be havin' one humdinger of a snow storm! That would not be good, as I've got an important trip planned to M'wakee in the mornin'! :D :cool:

Jason Roehl
02-20-2004, 9:48 AM
Geez, John, I didn't even need the definitions....I just read them for amusement--I understood everything on that page. Maybe it's because I have relatives in Lake Mills, and friends from M'waukee, and even a friend from Phelps (you can't get any more "up nort" than that and still be in Scansin, believe-you-me).

In case any of you folks out there haven't tried them yet, the cheese curds are GREAT!! And, yes, they do squeak.

Rod Torgeson
02-20-2004, 12:25 PM
Thanks John....I really enjoyed that and it brings back some old memories. I was born in Wisconsin. I may still use some of those phrases today. I know some of my relatives used to talk just like that.

Tyler...You were in a town very close to where I used to live(Rice Lake). We lived about 13 miles from there right off highway 48 between Rice Lake and Cumberland. The one thing I can still remember about Rice Lake is a place called Spears Bar, of course I was just a little duffer then, but my brother and I used to sneak in there just to see the mountings of the record Musky's that were on the wall.

Rod Torgeson in Appleton, WA

Dennis Peacock
02-20-2004, 1:06 PM
That page was a riot. I laughed so hard and my dog just sat a watched me.

Dennis, my mom lives in Eagle Rock Mo., that is almost in Arkansas and just north of Eureka Springs, and everyone talks that way. And I understand them. The people from Minnesota are the ones that talk funny.

Randy

Randy,

You got that right.....If the "northern" bunch could learn to talk like we do, there would never be any communication issues. :D

Dean Baumgartner
02-20-2004, 7:38 PM
Randy,

You got that right.....If the "northern" bunch could learn to talk like we do, there would never be any communication issues. :D

Dennis,
I've spent quite a bit of time in the south for work and believe you me, folks in Arkansas don't have that much of an accent compared to middle of nowhere Alabama or Loosiana. I don't think that most dem people even speek da same language as the rest us.

Dean Baumgartner
02-20-2004, 7:44 PM
Yahhey, it be a nice state, though this morning it feels and looks more like Seattle...Rain and fog! Geez, I tell 'ya, if it were 10 degrees colder, believe-you-me, we'd be havin' one humdinger of a snow storm! That would not be good, as I've got an important trip planned to M'wakee in the mornin'! :D :cool:

John, I heard there was rain and fog down your way. We got more snow. About 8 or 9". Didn't know if I was going to make it out of the driveway this morning. Turned to rain about 4 miles from home and rained in Green Bay all day. LOML kept calling me saying I should come home before I couldn't get in. It snowed at home all day but the snow/rain line stayed 3-4 miles from home. I got stuck pulling into the driveway.

I think I'd rather the snow than the rain but today was a bit much.

Dean

Tyler Howell
02-20-2004, 8:04 PM
Rod,
We are trying to spiff up the airport in Rice Lake. New instrument landing system. It's a real nice airport as is.
Had to go up and kick some A++ and take names. My own people are goofing off. It will be right when we get done. No bars this time but I did dine at the gormet delight. Apple-Bees. Woo-Woo.
Lot of interesting antique shops, and some ww show room/shops along 93. going to have to allow more time next trip.
We are even looking at a couple sights in Shell Lake. Going to have to drop in on Mark and see that New Mini Max!

John Miliunas
02-20-2004, 8:09 PM
John, I heard there was rain and fog down your way. We got more snow. About 8 or 9". Didn't know if I was going to make it out of the driveway this morning. Turned to rain about 4 miles from home and rained in Green Bay all day. LOML kept calling me saying I should come home before I couldn't get in. It snowed at home all day but the snow/rain line stayed 3-4 miles from home. I got stuck pulling into the driveway.

I think I'd rather the snow than the rain but today was a bit much.

Dean

Dean, rained cats 'n dogs over here, all the way to work this morning (UW Campus). LOML said it started snowing at home about 7:30 and kept up most of the morning, but then it warmed up. Now, it's snowing again. Really slushy stuff. BUT, I will NOT allow this to mess up my planned road trip to the toy show in M'Waukee tomorrow! :cool:

Dean Baumgartner
02-20-2004, 8:25 PM
Dean, rained cats 'n dogs over here, all the way to work this morning (UW Campus). LOML said it started snowing at home about 7:30 and kept up most of the morning, but then it warmed up. Now, it's snowing again. Really slushy stuff. BUT, I will NOT allow this to mess up my planned road trip to the toy show in M'Waukee tomorrow! :cool:

John,
Are you going looking for anything in particular or just going to look? There can't be much room left in your shop :D

Joe Breid
02-20-2004, 9:26 PM
Tyler,
Next time you are looking for a place to eat in Rice Lake try the Norske Nook. They have great Norweigan food (including Lefse) and no matter how much you eat you have to have a piece of pie.

Joe

Tyler Howell
02-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Joe,

No Lutefisk??(SP) :eek: That's pretty popular around these parts. I am a big pie fan though and I'll check it out.
Say EAU is on my route as well. One of my best men takes care of that whole area. You can fly in, out, around and through that airspace knowing the equipment is A#1.:cool:
What do you recommend for Eau Claire dining:confused:
Olive Garden just didn't do it for me and my tech. is a Burger King Fan.

John Miliunas
02-20-2004, 10:57 PM
John,
Are you going looking for anything in particular or just going to look? There can't be much room left in your shop :D

Ahhhh, my Packerland friend, there's still LOTS of room left in the shop! :D But no, I'm not actually going equipment shopping. Probably a Chopmaster for the miter saw, want to see if there are any good deals on Freud's new dial-in dado blade set and want to check out the Trend MT Jig. Will probably spend some time at the Laguna booth talking to Larry. Otherwise, just check it all out. :cool:

Dean Baumgartner
02-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Ahhhh, my Packerland friend, there's still LOTS of room left in the shop! :D But no, I'm not actually going equipment shopping. Probably a Chopmaster for the miter saw, want to see if there are any good deals on Freud's new dial-in dado blade set and want to check out the Trend MT Jig. Will probably spend some time at the Laguna booth talking to Larry. Otherwise, just check it all out. :cool:

John,
This thread is starting to head on-topic but here goes anyway.
I haven't seen the Freud dial-in dado, how does it adjust? Not like the old wobble blade dadoes. Been there done that got the shirt. After one use and those wonderful arched bottoms on the dadoes I got a Freud stacked set and set of shims for fine tuning.

Have a good one.

John Miliunas
02-21-2004, 8:19 AM
John,
This thread is starting to head on-topic but here goes anyway.
I haven't seen the Freud dial-in dado, how does it adjust? Not like the old wobble blade dadoes. Been there done that got the shirt. After one use and those wonderful arched bottoms on the dadoes I got a Freud stacked set and set of shims for fine tuning.

Have a good one.

Oh, yeah, those lovely adjustable wobble blades. Gotta' love 'em! I threw mine in for $5.00 when I sold my RAS! I've got the 6" Freud Super Dado and it's great, but I'm looking to upgrade. I bought it when I had the Delta contractor saw. Yes, it does a wonderful job, but I have actually found times that I wished I could go a bit deeper and now with the cabinet saw, I've got plenty of ooomph to run it. This is NOT like a wobble blade and leaves a flat bottom. You just do away with the shims, which is great, especially seeing as to how Freud never bothered to stamp thickness data on them. If I can't get a decent deal on it, I'll pass and just hang on to my 6" set. :D OK, off to the show I go... :D Later guys..... :cool:

Joe Breid
02-21-2004, 8:34 AM
Tyler,

It's good to know the equipment is well taken care of as I have been flying from EAU to Knoxville every other week since the first of the year. I am on a first name basis with the Northwest people at the airport.

My wife and I ate at "Boston's" (on Highway 53) and really enjoyed the experience.

Joe

Tyler Howell
02-21-2004, 9:11 AM
Thanks Joe,
I saw Boston's as we drove bye. I'll check it out. ;)
You have a new extra long runway there at EAU and there are plans for a New Air Traffic Control Tower. The state is building that one so that will be one less ulcer for me. Besides I think I'll be retired by the time it's finished.:cool:

Dean Baumgartner
02-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Oh, yeah, those lovely adjustable wobble blades. Gotta' love 'em! I threw mine in for $5.00 when I sold my RAS! I've got the 6" Freud Super Dado and it's great, but I'm looking to upgrade. I bought it when I had the Delta contractor saw. Yes, it does a wonderful job, but I have actually found times that I wished I could go a bit deeper and now with the cabinet saw, I've got plenty of ooomph to run it. This is NOT like a wobble blade and leaves a flat bottom. You just do away with the shims, which is great, especially seeing as to how Freud never bothered to stamp thickness data on them. If I can't get a decent deal on it, I'll pass and just hang on to my 6" set. :D OK, off to the show I go... :D Later guys..... :cool:

Well, How did the dial a dado look? Can we expect a review soon?

On the shims for the stacked set, I bought a set of shims from Garrett Wade a while back (well something like 9 years, where does the time go?) and they are all stamped for thickness seem to work well.

John Miliunas
02-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Well, How did the dial a dado look? Can we expect a review soon?

On the shims for the stacked set, I bought a set of shims from Garrett Wade a while back (well something like 9 years, where does the time go?) and they are all stamped for thickness seem to work well.

The Freud dial dado looks great! They've redesigned the outboard cutters for even less tearout and the amount of carbide on the cutters is enough for several cheaper dado sets! Unfortunately, I didn't bring a set home with me. The cheapest I found was $5.00 less (+tax) than what Amazon has on it, plus Amazon still has the $25.00 discount thing going and free shipping. I ordered it from there when I got home! I'll report back with results when I get it. :cool:

Dean Baumgartner
02-22-2004, 10:43 PM
The Freud dial dado looks great! They've redesigned the outboard cutters for even less tearout and the amount of carbide on the cutters is enough for several cheaper dado sets! Unfortunately, I didn't bring a set home with me. The cheapest I found was $5.00 less (+tax) than what Amazon has on it, plus Amazon still has the $25.00 discount thing going and free shipping. I ordered it from there when I got home! I'll report back with results when I get it. :cool:

I was wrong on the shims, I ordered them from Garett Wade but they are a Freud set. Marked shims are 2@0.020", 2@0.012" and 2@0.008" and 4 unmarked that are 0.004".

Anything else neat at the show? Any body heard if there's going to be a show in Green Bay any time soon?

Dean