PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree Card Holder

Jim Crockett
12-10-2007, 11:13 PM
When I was young (many years ago), our family had a Christmas tree shaped Christmas card holder that my grandfather had made. As I recall, it was approximately 1-1/2 to 2 ft tall, made of probably 1/4 inch material, and consisted of two sections which interlocked in half lap-type slots.

I would love to make another but I've searched on the net and haven't been able to find a plan for it. Maybe someone with some old woodworking books has seen such a plan? If so, I would surely appreciate a copy of the plan. I could probably do it without plans but would rather have a guide to follow.

Thanks,

JimC

Ron Fritz
12-11-2007, 3:52 PM
Jim, I haven't seen one similar to what you were referring to but I took a stab at designing one that is 11" tall out of 1/2" stock. If you were to make it taller to 18", then I would increase the base size by a factor of .5 or about another 3". I made the slots 1/16" x 1/2" deep at a 45 degree angle. (you'll need to test a sample slot to see if it needs to be deeper to hold a card). The SketchUp drawing is attached. Good luck, Ron