PDA

View Full Version : X-mas came a little early this year

mark page
12-10-2007, 10:19 PM
The LOML wanted a new entertainment center built for X-mas and recently just let me know about it. Gave a brief explanation of what was wanted, and wondering if it could be done. She wanted to re-arrange the living/family room and give it a different look. My reply was it could be done, but no way before the first of the year. Well she utilized my employee discount where I work and went and bought one. No problem there, saved me the time & expense, and she's happy too. I didn't realize that this was part of my X-mas too. She also filled the center with a new Panasonic TH-42PX75U 42" plasma TV, a Bose V-20 Lifestyle home theater system, a new upscaling Sony DVPNS77H/B dvd player, plus all the hardware, speaker stands, surge/static protector/suppressor, and trimmings. Then she mentioned the name "Denon" and my heart sank thinking I just worked the last six months for free:eek:, then said she was joking about the Denon system. Now I think I just worked the last month for free. She could read my face and mind, and quickly quoted that she saved $1600.00 with my discount. A good friend of mine from the store helped her put the system together and did a quality job of it I may guess. Now what little time I have for relaxation has turned. I have to get the old system moved to the basement and re-set up. The previous entertainment center must weigh in at about 450-500 lbs. Relocate the entire living room. I can see a future recommendation for an entirely new living room suite. Drill holes and run all the cabling for the system. Program and calibrate the entire system (the easiest out of all of it). This will take the better half of tomorrow's day off. Plus listen to two pre-teen kids fight over who gets the playstation setup downstairs, how it's set up, where the old system is stationed, how the basement room is decorated, and who gets to watch what shows are playing on the new tube. I usually burn my own dvd's and must have close to 900-950 movies, and the kids must have at least 500 of them strewn in their bedrooms picking out the next 6 months worth of movie watching and logging them in order. (and not quietly I may add). I kinda like keeping my holiday routine rather simple. I have X-mas plus two birthdays in the family the same week of X-mas to contend to. If she'd of asked me first, I would have been happy with new socks, underwear, and a couple of ties. (The ole standby reply:)). But no.............!!! I'm still trying to figure if this is a X-mas gloat or a curse,:confused::confused:

Jim Becker
12-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Keep her!!! And make sure you get her a VERY nice gift for the holidays... ;)