PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collector

Mark Bachler
02-19-2004, 3:53 PM
I'm ordering one of Clarke Echols / Bill Pentz cyclone & impeller housing kits. Attaching a 14" sheldon impeller and a Lesson 5 hp motor. I'm interested on how anyone else has mounted the system to the wall or ceiling and any other input or pics they care to share. Am I going to need a degree in rocket science to get this all together? It’s all fun right?

Chris Padilla
02-19-2004, 5:19 PM
Mark,

I have all the pieces, in boxes still, sitting in my garage. I just received the m/h impeller in the mail yesterday so I no longer have any excuses for not putting it together except that I am busy with the EC! :)

Go to Grainger's web site and do a serach on vibration hangers and you'll start to get some ideas of how you may wish to hang the unit.

Steve King
02-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Mark,

I mounted my Cyclone using turnbuckles and eyebolts. With my ceiling joist running north to south, I lag screwed two 2x4’s long enough to catch 3 joists. It is strong enough to hold the cyclone and I don’t get any noise coming through the ceiling. This is the
link (http://sekingusa.home.comcast.net/cyclone.htm) to how I made and mounted the Bill Pentz cyclone.

Steve

Mark Bachler
02-20-2004, 8:31 AM
Chris,
Good luck o the assembly. Please keep me posted.

Steve
Great site & an awesome shop. I like the idea of running the ductwork above the ceiling.

Thanks much