PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw and Vista

Tim Baude
12-10-2007, 1:53 PM
Hi all,
A newbie here with my new business Legends Awards and Custom Engraving. My question is how do people like using Vista with Corel Draw? I have a notion to "downgrade" to XP which I am more familiar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sure I will have many more questions as I move forward. Thank you in advance
Tim Baude
Epilog Helix 45w

Mark Winlund
12-10-2007, 1:55 PM
Hi all,
A newbie here with my new business Legends Awards and Custom Engraving. My question is how do people like using Vista with Corel Draw? I have a notion to "downgrade" to XP which I am more familiar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sure I will have many more questions as I move forward. Thank you in advance
Tim Baude
Epilog Helix 45w

About half of the software that I have won't run with Vista. Horrible program. Stay away! Stick with XP.

Mark

Mike Null
12-10-2007, 2:01 PM
I can't speak to the Vista-Corel situation but I hate Vista so much I would try anything to avoid it.

Unfortunately it's my back up pc so I may have to use it one of these days.

Doug Fennell
12-10-2007, 2:09 PM
I myself rather enjoy Vista, and have no issues with Corel. It's fairly easy to give Vista the look and feel of XP (for the most part).

Photograv has a small issue, you have to be logged in as admin with ver 3.1 - I imagine this will be resolved fairly quickly. If your PC isn't connected to the internet, this is not an issue. If it is connected, make sure to have an admin password and firewall enabled.

James Jaragosky
12-10-2007, 3:13 PM
I have a dedicated computer for running my laser, and it died Friday. So I went to fry’s to pick up a replacement. Well they only sell computers running vista. I was not going to upgrade any of my existing machines running XP because I haven’t read or heard of any compelling reasons to do so, and more than a few that regretted upgrading to vista. But life is an adventure, so I picked a suitable gateway and dragged it home only to find out that my particular laser won’t run properly with vista. so back I went to stand in the return line. I now have a 3 year old e-machine running my laser without issues.

Anthony Scira
12-10-2007, 4:56 PM
Yes its true if you have older hardware you may run into driver issues. But if you buy a new computer off the shelf and don't have an old printer or software you want to use you should not have any problems.

FTR my machine is a Acer laptop running Vista.

And its pretty too !