PDA

View Full Version : I need some help adjusting a fence with tubular rails

Andrew Nemeth
12-09-2007, 11:03 PM
I am finishing up refurbishing a 22 year old Jet cabinet saw and the last step is to adjust the fence. The saw has the older style tubular rails with micro adjust serrations on the bottom of the front tube. I think this system may be very similar to the Delta tubular rail system (the castings for the fence heads look almost identical). The fence tracks beautifully along the track with one fingers touch. The fence stays parallel when not locked but as soon as I throw the lever to lock it the back end of the fence moves off to the left. Unfortunately I don't have an old manual that includes the fence and I don't seem to see any obvious adjustment on the fence itself. Any idea on how to prevent the fence from kicking to the left when I lock it?

Michael Weber
12-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Andrew, there is an adjustment to make the front of the fence lock first before the back does. At least on the old Delta thats the way it was. I forget how the adjustment is made but as I recall it's pretty obvious or you might google. The rear hook is supposed to clamp down after the front locks to avoid just that problem. Mike

Chuck Lenz
12-09-2007, 11:39 PM
If you go to JET's website you may be able to download the manual for the saw.