PDA

View Full Version : 'Twas a good day!

Brad Noble
12-09-2007, 8:27 PM
Spent the majority of the day out in my shop "tinkerin". Got a new drill press (nothing to get excited about, just a Clarke from Tractor Supply) and had to make some room. So, I started out by making a new outfeed table for my TS. Made the new one shorter (24") and wider (54") and used a piece of BB 3/4" plywood I had leftover for the top. Still have to rout the mitre slots in it though. Moved the bandsaw to the other side of the shop but luckily there was a 20 Amp circuit 240V outlet on that wall so the old S45 is good to go. Then I bought my woodworking bench along side of the TS outfeed table (the bench is 60" long and the outfeed table is 54") and the table is overhanging one end by 6". No big deal. Moved a couple other things around and ................. Voila!.............. lots more room than before.

But the best thing was yet to come. I lost 5 hours out there. No regrets mind you, I just completely lost track of time, ya know? Then I overheard my LOML tell one of the grandkids "No honey, papaw isn't in here right now, he's out in his shop. And to tell you the truth I really don't want to bother him. He looks like he's having a good time out there."

She had no idea. But then again, maybe she did. :)

Brad

Brian Weick
12-09-2007, 9:12 PM
that's great Brad~ to have a wife that cares that much to leave you alone, not because she's supposed to~ but because she recognized that it's important ~ because she wants to see you happy- hang on to her- she's a good apple!
Have a great week!:)
Brian

Brad Noble
12-09-2007, 9:22 PM
You know, come to think of it, I had just finished making a CD of my favorite groups of all time .. Mannheim Steamroller. I absolutely love their Christmas stuff. Anyway, my freshly made CD was [loudly] on display. Do you suppose that may have been why the wife chose not to come out and bother me?

:( ;) :( ;) :( :rolleyes:

Brad

John Fry
12-09-2007, 9:37 PM
Good for you Brad!

Nothin' like a new tool and a few hours to make the day!