PDA

View Full Version : W S 4A plane question?

Ron Petley
12-09-2007, 5:41 PM
A local has a W S 4A plane (made in Buringham England) for sale for $45.00, it is in good shape with the sticker still on the tote, the sole is good shape, the blade is a litle rusty but saveable, the top cap is brass( the part that holds the blade onto the plane. It does not seem to have been abused just the usuall age related ware, the japaning is intact.
Any body out ther familiar with this brand/make care ot offer any comment, it is not a planr I am familar with. How is it relative to a stanley?
Cheers Ron

Clint Jones
12-09-2007, 5:49 PM
Ok here it goes. WS started making planes in England. Woden bought them out. Woden went out of business and was bought by Record. Record went out of business end of story. The WS planes are basically the first Record planes made and are good quality. I sold a WS A4 corrugated plane for $40 recently so I would say the price is about right. -Clint

Ron Petley
12-09-2007, 8:46 PM
Clint:
Thanks for the help, it does look record ish in the body, I have a record#4, it is not corrugated but in good shape, does not look like it was used much.
Cheers Ron.