PDA

View Full Version : What does averyone use for images

Ken Maxwell
12-09-2007, 4:46 PM
I haven't got my Epilog laser yet and I'm searching for images before it gets here so I can hit the road running. My question is what does everyone use for images or do you draw your own? I have found file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg the Ultimate Ornaments Mega Pack and it looks great but it's $199. Laser Bits has a lot of packages to choose from too. Just wondering if they are worth it. I know this is a generic question but just not sure what to do. We are going to be mostly be doing wood pictures and wood gifts.

Thanks.

Bill Cunningham
12-09-2007, 5:13 PM
Hi Ken Welcom to the Creek.. Unfortunatly, you can't link to a image on your Hard Drive.. If it's on your drive, just scroll down the page and to the 'manage attachments' and upload your images.. the IMG tags would be for a image someplace on the web.. As for artwork, click the search function and enter a keyword to describe what your looking for.. You will probably find it here, there are hundreds.. As long as you have your coreldraw all fired up, and a basic working knowledge of that, you'll be ready to hit the ground running when your laser arrives.. well, sort of... The Corel learning curve is 'very' steep compared to learning your lasers operating functions.. Enjoy..

Joe Pelonio
12-09-2007, 5:21 PM
I have a good selection of images from my old Corel 5.0, and many more accumulated over the years from various sources. Then I do draw, some hand drawn/scanned/traced, others "mouse" draw.

I have not bought any packages. If something specific comes up asking here always results in several people happy to share.

Mike Null
12-09-2007, 6:11 PM
I have never bought any images. I have an older version of Corel with pretty good clipart and there are a lot of places including SMC where people will share.

You can do a search of the SMC archives and you'll find a lot of clipart.

Welcome to SMC.

John Frazee
12-09-2007, 8:31 PM
I have several cd's I bought off eBay. Do a search for vinyl sign software and see what you come up with. I just did that search and one of the items that came up was $7.50 I think. It has 80,000 logo's and clipart in vector. I have paid as much as $40.00 and received a printed catalog along with 7 or 8 cd's with thousands of everything. Also drop off the word software on that search and search for just vinyl sign. Weed through all the cutters and sign vinyl and you will see vector art cd's cheap.