PDA

View Full Version : Free Butternut

Tim Gruss
12-09-2007, 1:23 PM
Seasons greetings to all. I would like to offer free Butternut to anyone that would like to come get it. I'm thinking that George Guadiane is the closest. I have a 170 and 310 Stihl you can use. I dropped the monster last year for the lumber in the trunk. This tree was 32" at breast Height. The top is what remains with the largest section being around 12-14". The top should have least 1000lbs of wood in it. There may be some larger trunk sections if the local floods have not taken them yet. Also have another butternut that was standing dead around 20" ABH that I dropped too. Send me a PM if you would like some. I would rather not ship.Thank you all for such a wonderful and informative site. Tim Gruss PS. This wood if FREE.:)

Alex Elias
12-09-2007, 2:20 PM
To bad I'm in CA. Thanks for the nice offer

Tim Gruss
12-09-2007, 2:27 PM
I had forgot to mention that this is NOT the punky wormhole Junk that you think of as butternut. :confused: This is solid, some curly, some does have spalting. The main crotch where the main branch off was had been infested with termites. The tree was still living, I only lost about 7 feet of that section. This is very similar to turning Black Walnut, slightly softer but finishes up the same. Don Orr your also very close to me. Thanks again,Tim.

Dan Forman
12-09-2007, 3:15 PM
Wish I was closer, I love butternut!

Dan

Bill Wyko
12-09-2007, 4:35 PM
Where are you? I wouldn't mind some curly turning blanks. I'd pay shipping.

George Guadiane
12-09-2007, 5:04 PM
Seasons greetings to all. I would like to offer free Butternut to anyone that would like to come get it. I'm thinking that George Guadiane is the closest. I have a 170 and 310 Stihl you can use. I dropped the monster last year for the lumber in the trunk. This tree was 32" at breast Height. The top is what remains with the largest section being around 12-14". The top should have least 1000lbs of wood in it. There may be some larger trunk sections if the local floods have not taken them yet. Also have another butternut that was standing dead around 20" ABH that I dropped too. Send me a PM if you would like some. I would rather not ship.Thank you all for such a wonderful and informative site. Tim Gruss PS. This wood if FREE.:)
Hi Tim :o,
It's ME, GEORGE!!! (free wood):cool::p;):D
Sounds like stuff I would like! Are we in a HURRY to move this wood? Do I have to take it all? Could we get the club together and make it into an event???
Anyway, I would certainly like to get some of it.
I will PM you with this too - I just wanted to let those who live too far away suffer a little more, and to publicly thank you for mentioning me by name. I am SURE that Don Orr will want some too. I will alert him by email.

David Fried
12-09-2007, 7:13 PM
Hmmm... Albany isn't that far .... ( 5 -6 hours or so )

Julie Tanner
12-09-2007, 8:48 PM
Dang it,

why cant I ever live close to the Free Wood

Enjoy Folks

Paul Heely
12-10-2007, 9:13 AM
Hmmm... Albany isn't that far .... ( 5 -6 hours or so )

Closer than that David. Less than 2-1/2 from Storrs, or Norwich. Unfortunately I sold the dually this summer and have not replaced it yet. Can only fit so much wood in the back of a VW golf... :D

Don Orr
12-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey, I work in Albany every day! I did not get a chance to respond to George's email but I am definitely interested. We'll get in touch and figure this out. I hope time is not in issue as I am really busy this time of year. I also have a new chainsaw that needs to be exercised !

David Fried
12-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Closer than that David. Less than 2-1/2 from Storrs, or Norwich. Unfortunately I sold the dually this summer and have not replaced it yet. Can only fit so much wood in the back of a VW golf... :D

Right ... I was calculating round trip. I probably drive a tad slower too :rolleyes:.
The generator on my truck is on the fritz so I would be looking at the Honda Civic.

Maybe if I took out the back seat ....:eek:

George Guadiane
12-10-2007, 3:20 PM
Hey, I work in Albany every day! I did not get a chance to respond to George's email but I am definitely interested. We'll get in touch and figure this out. I hope time is not in issue as I am really busy this time of year. I also have a new chainsaw that needs to be exercised !
Oh SURE!!! For free wood you have time, for ME??? :D
email me when you can, we'll work something out.

George Guadiane
04-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi Tim,
It's time to get back to this if the wood is still available.
If you like, send me an email with your phone number and I'll call you and try to set up a time.

Paul Douglass
04-14-2008, 3:17 PM
I'm leaving now, be there in about a month!:D Darn, the freebees are always clear accross the States!

Jim Underwood
04-14-2008, 4:07 PM
I wish I was closer too...:( I'd be over there in a heartbeat with chainsaw in hand... especially for Butternut.

Dan Fera
04-14-2008, 4:20 PM
Hey, I'm only up in Saratoga. Count me in for some free work getting it out in exchange for some of the free wood. I'm semi-retired so I have a wide open schedule. Whoever is interested can PM me and I will provide other contact info.

Don Orr
04-14-2008, 4:22 PM
Let me know if you are going to get some of this. I have a new chainsaw that needs some exercise.

George Guadiane
04-14-2008, 4:24 PM
Hey, I'm only up in Saratoga. Count me in for some free work getting it out in exchange for some of the free wood. I'm semi-retired so I have a wide open schedule. Whoever is interested can PM me and I will provide other contact info.
From what I gathered, you will be more than welcome! We will let you know.

Let me know if you are going to get some of this. I have a new chainsaw that needs some exercise.
I was counting on you to help Don, I understand that this is a LARGE log and more than enough to go around. When I know I'll spread the word.

Chris Stolicky
04-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I am up for helping the group clean up the wood if I can get a few pieces to spin on the lathe. Just let me know. I'll be out of town tonight, but the rest of the week (evenings) and weekend are open.....

George Guadiane
04-19-2008, 6:05 PM
I am up for helping the group clean up the wood if I can get a few pieces to spin on the lathe. Just let me know. I'll be out of town tonight, but the rest of the week (evenings) and weekend are open.....
Chris (and anyone else in the area).
Don Orr and I are going to go on Saturday 26th at 10AM (we'll be there for a while, I'm sure). Chris, I PMd you and got no response, so far. If interested, email, PM or post and I'll send directions.
G

Chris Stolicky
04-19-2008, 7:46 PM
Chris (and anyone else in the area).
Don Orr and I are going to go on Saturday 26th at 10AM (we'll be there for a while, I'm sure). Chris, I PMd you and got no response, so far. If interested, email, PM or post and I'll send directions.
G

George, I sent you an email let me know if it didn't work.

Thanks.