PDA

View Full Version : Mo blanks ready to be shipped

Todd Burch
02-18-2004, 11:16 PM
This evening was my monthly "hands on" group meeting through the Woodworker's Club of Houston. 3 guys helped me cut up all the blanks that I cut to length last week. With 4 people working, we produced 600+ blanks in 1 hour. I worked the bandsaw, guy #2 pushed everything back to me that needed more cutting. He handed scrap to guy #3, who managed the burn pile that we had going, and guy #4 boxed them and kept me flush with blanks to resaw. I guess that averages out to 10 blanks a minute - and yes, I was REALLY pushing them through fast.

My blade (kinda dull now) was pushing the wood away from the fence. So, I got smart and put the fence on the other side of the blade, so the blade was pushing the blanks into the fence. The blanks are pretty consistent.

So, come and get 'em! There is some beautifully-colored-red red oak, white oak, mahogany and walnut. As I get deeper into the supply stack, there will be more maple and cherry, plus the above. These blanks aren't as fancy as the inlace, acrylic or corian or the exotic woods, but they should work just fine, especially since we're going for quantity.

You pay shipping, and you can have all you want for the Freedom Pen Project.

Todd.

Rick Prevett
02-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Todd (and everyone),

Just wanted to let you know that I received our shipment of over 70 blanks yesterday. I guess I received delivery within 5 days of requesting it from Todd (not counting Sunday and the holiday) I'll bet the mailman hated lugging that package around! Who'd a thought 70+ little sticks would weigh so much.

I found a fine assortment of woods, all cut well within specs for our needs.

Thanks to Todd and all his shop buddies.

Rick Prevett
Nebraska's I-80 Woodturning Guild