PDA

View Full Version : Let there be LIGHT!

Dale Thompson
02-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Hi Folks,
Just as with the rest of my tools, I sort of gave up on my scroll saw a few years ago. It's a nice saw, too. It's a Delta Q3 and is real nice for someone who knows what they are doing. One thing, though, I wish that I had waited a year until the DeWalt 408 came out. I didn't. AW!That would not have made any difference anyway. :o

Whatever, we have some friends up by the cabin who own a real estate agency. The motif (sp?) of their office is Native American. Yep! Guess what klutz decided to make a Native American swag lamp for their office? :confused: Whatever,says I, they have a lot of customers and the loss of a few is not going to be a big deal. ;)

Since I gave the lamp to them last Christmas, I have managed to dodge all of the retribution bullets - both from them and their customers. NO SWEAT! I'm used to that.

Take a look but spare the bullets. I can spot a gun flash many miles away. :cool:

Dale T.

Dennis Peacock
02-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Very nice Dale..!!!!!

With all that scroll work you did on that....couldn't have taken you more than...oh....say....45 mintues.!!! :D

Very good on the scroll work and I guess I gotta be gettin' me one of them nice smooth scrollin thangs one of these days.

I got my old Excalibur scroll saw running now, but she shore is LOUD.!!! I bet the saw ain't got but about 10 hours on it since I bought it back in 1995....one would think that a pricey saw like that would last more than 10 hours before fixin' it.......

I guess I'm gonna hafta get me one of them Eclipse saws like ol' Terry Quiram has.....ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL saw...!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Kurt Aebi
02-19-2004, 7:24 AM
Excellent scroll work Dale,

I have 3 Scrollsaws myself - the wife loves to make those craft style cutouts for different holidays.

Do you use Flying Dutchman blades? We use them and love the quality of the cut. If you haven't tried them - do so and you'll not be disappointed.

Dennis,
You should try a scroll project, it looks like it requires a lot of patience - but just like turning all it takes is Practice. It really becomes soothing and relaxing when you get into it.

John Miliunas
02-19-2004, 8:03 AM
"I can spot a gun flash many miles away." OK, so that explains the shades you wear. :D In the meantime, you old Cheesehead you,....You went and did it again. Just like I been saying, you just lay in the weeds, making off like you know nuthin' about nuthin' and you come up with another extraordinary piece! Anything in WW that you *don't* do? Very, very nice work, Dale! You certainly are a man of many, many talents. Keep those pics coming! :cool:

Dale Thompson
02-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Hi Guys,
Dennis and Kurt: Thanks for the compliments. No, Kurt, I haven't tried the Flying Dutchman blades. I have mostly used the Olson brand. Sounds like you have a secret here. I'll give them a try. Thanks for the tip.

Hey Spring Green: It's no big deal. I let my pet beaver do the more difficult panels. After all, that young bugger is lucky enough to have TEETH! :o Whatever, just for you, I'll keep the pictures coming. I have a georgeous case of fungus on my left big toenail. As soon as I can get a REAL impressive shot of it (2272 pixels), I'll post it immediately. :D

Seriously though, you comments are much appreciated. Thank you!!
Incidentally, we are in for a REALLY big storm tonight. :eek: It's going to be that HEAVY stuff. I hope that it misses you guys. Whatever, can you take a run up and shovel me a path out to my snowmobile? :cool:

Dale T.

John Miliunas
02-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Hey Spring Green: It's no big deal. I let my pet beaver do the more difficult panels. After all, that young bugger is lucky enough to have TEETH! :o Whatever, just for you, I'll keep the pictures coming. I have a georgeous case of fungus on my left big toenail. As soon as I can get a REAL impressive shot of it (2272 pixels), I'll post it immediately. :D

Seriously though, you comments are much appreciated. Thank you!!
Incidentally, we are in for a REALLY big storm tonight. :eek: It's going to be that HEAVY stuff. I hope that it misses you guys. Whatever, can you take a run up and shovel me a path out to my snowmobile? :cool:

Dale T.

Uh...No thanks. That's OK. The mental picture you drew is plenty for me! And, you *really* do nice work!

You must be getting some of that lake affect snow. They said we may get some scattered rain, but that's about it, though maybe a few light flurries tomorrow night. If it gets bad before Sat. morning, I'll be ticked! I'm going to that WW Show in Milwaukee, come He77 or high water!

Oh, and let the beaver do the shoveling. Heck, they've got big tails! :D :cool:

Tyler Howell
02-20-2004, 6:55 AM
Dale,
As a wanabee wood worker (currently wood butcher) and descendant of the great Indian nation, I like them.
If you let those tools set too long, the tool and the skills get rusty. As for you it’s like riding a bike you just hopped back on and turned out some great lamps.