PDA

View Full Version : A couple new pens done this weekend

Bud Duffy
02-18-2004, 9:28 PM
First is a apple wood burl and then is a purple inlace acrylic , then is a deer antler and burnt walnut stump and then a black and blue inlace acrylic. Next pic is a black and blue inlace acrylic with black tititanium and a purple inlace acrylic with a gold kit. Opps second pic is an ocean breeze inlace acrylic not purple. And all are sanded to 600 grit , the wood has one coat of BLO then three coats of Crystal coat and then Minwax finishing wax. The acrylics are also sanded to 600 grit but then they get three coats of Crystal coat then the Minwax. I think i have the acrylics figured out spin em fast and go slooow and easy on the cutting and touch up often!

Julie Wright
02-18-2004, 9:51 PM
Very Nice looking Pens Bud. Can't pick a Fave with these, I alvoe Purple and Blue. Maybe Black and Blue inlace !! I like the little design at the bottom. Thanks for Sharing

John Miliunas
02-18-2004, 9:51 PM
Lookin' good, Bud! Hard to pick a favorite, though the very last blue acrylic piece really catches my eye! Keep it up and let's see more of them! :cool:

Bud Duffy
02-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks Julie and John i apreciate the kind words. I saarted toying with that grip design after i let my future doughter in law (april 3) try making a pen and she put some little grooves on hers , so i thought why not dish it out a little to give a little grip and some grooves. Everybody that holds em likes it so far. I went back to woodcraft today to get some more of the black and blue but they were all out, oh well next time.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Gee Bud, you are really talented for somebody down Boise-way.....Ha! I like you pens. I'm not sure I would be good at those spinny turny things. First I need to get a new shop built. Nice Work!

Scott Greaves
02-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Hey Ken,

I've got some friends up in Lewiston that could get you spinning and turning real quick! ;) Hurry up and build that shop!

Bud,

Your pens just get better and better! I also like that last one, the blue and black one. But that antler one is nice too!

You know, Dave Hout is going to be doing a seminar at Woodcraft on March 6th, and I'm coming over for it. Maybe you could consider signing up for it too!

Scott.