PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

Ron Hamilton
12-08-2007, 9:44 PM
Hi All,
I have been a glass sandblaster and engraver for over 18 years and have just added a laser to the mix. Accuris power sharp 30 w with cutting table and the rotary attachment. Mainly do photographs in glass, marble and granite with the laser. I have a job in the new year for 500 china plates (white) which needs a black graphic ans some text. Will Cermark work? Or any ideas as to how to do this. In the past we sand etched the plates and sprayed color but the laser would be so much less hassle if possible.

Ron.............

Mike Null
12-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Ron
Welcome to SMC. It would be helpful if you filled out your profile such as your location, private email, web site etc., even equipment.

That's optional of course but usually saves a little time if you have questions or need any assistance.

Frank Corker
12-09-2007, 6:37 AM
Hi Ron,

There is some Cermark that has been designed for use on ceramic, but I'm afraid I can't comment on it because I've never seen it or been able to get it, mixed opinions on it. I'm glad you have a big order but ceramic is a different type of cookie to a lot of stuff that can be engraved, when the laser hits it, the engraving will be as good as on glass, the only problem is.... you can't see it! Some have had success using an infill but again I can't comment because I've never had a go at it.

Ron Hamilton
12-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks Mike and Frank for the imput, I filled in the info as requested. I have ran a test on Thermark black but its not good, washed out looking . Guess I will fall back to the tested sand etching method that I know works..

Ron..

Mike Null
12-10-2007, 7:39 AM
When I started years back I tried the colors in their sample pack. It seems like they had gold, black, red and maybe blue. My results were not good enough to offer glass or ceramic. (I didn't test it on ceramic)

But that was 8 or 9 years ago.