PDA

View Full Version : Best New Tool

Robert foster
12-08-2007, 9:43 PM
I just finished installing a new 7500 btu garage heater in my 24x56 ft basement garage.
Now I can keep warm this winter.
i have a question about how to deal with shop dust.
The heater, a Mr Heater Propane model has no filters. What do you guys suggest as a way to manage the wood dust?

Thanks

Bob

n

Scott Hooker
12-08-2007, 9:48 PM
Robert,

There are many, many threads about Dust Collection in the Creek. Check them out. Personally, I'm currently designing my new shop and will buy a cyclone for dust collection. Check out Bill Penz (sp?) site on dust collection, also!

Good Luck!

Scott

Paul Williams
12-09-2007, 12:20 PM
I have a similar interest in dust and the open hanging furnace. I don't think it is a dust collection problem. Even with dust collection there is a certain amount of dust in the air that will be sucked through the furnace. Question for those of you with this type of heater. Is this an issue? Do you blow it out once in a while or just let it accumulate? Has anyone added filters to this type of unit?

Robert foster
12-09-2007, 6:07 PM
Thanks for your response Paul. I thought others might have similar questions about this type of furnace. I hope that those who have had one for awhile will tell us how they have dealt with it. I don't know if it is a safety or health problem but I think we ought to think about it.

Bob

Steve knight
12-09-2007, 6:14 PM
don't worry about it. unless you have so much dust you can hardly see it is not an issue. when I had my old shop I had one of the infra red heaters right next to my bandsaw with dust falling on it no problem.