PDA

View Full Version : Metabo SXE450 Random Orbit Sander

Allen Boynton
12-08-2007, 5:35 PM
Does anyone have a Metabo SXE450 00458 3.8 Amp 6-Inch Random Orbit Sander?
I like the idea of a 1/8 orbit pattern for fine sanding and a 1/4 orbit pattern for rapid stock removal.
Does anyone know if the Ridgid R2612 sander is a clone of the Metabo?
Can't quite pull the trigger on a Festool, and this looks like the next best thing.
Read the threads on the bosch, but see quite a few people reviewing it have trouble with the screws loosening in the pad.

David Miller
12-08-2007, 7:31 PM
Allen,

The Ridgid R2610 was made by Metabo and is the same sander as the SXE450. The R2611 is a clone of the R2610 not made by Metabo.

I am seriously considering this sander as well. It is a lesser expensive option to the Festool Rotex. People seem to really like the Metabo/Ridgid model from what I've read.

-Dave

Allen Bookout
12-08-2007, 9:03 PM
I was lucky enough to get one of the last Ridgid 2610's that was made by Metabo. I would not buy the 2611 or any later model because I am not confident that the quality is there even though I have no real basis for my concerns. I say get the Metabo as I know that the quality is there and I am sure that you will be happy with it. I like mine. Standing by for the Festool pile on but I don't care. Fire away.

Jim W. White
12-08-2007, 9:49 PM
I love my German made 6" Ridgid ROS. I would pick one up again in a heartbeat if needed. I haven't seen any reviews on the new model made in China though. I saw one of the Home Depot's in my area had the Metabo/Ridgid floor model on the clearence table two eeks back. I as VERY tempted to buy it as a back-up but I just couldn't justify the un-needed expense.

Jim in Idaho

Bob Aquino
12-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Does anyone have a Metabo SXE450 00458 3.8 Amp 6-Inch Random Orbit Sander?
I like the idea of a 1/8 orbit pattern for fine sanding and a 1/4 orbit pattern for rapid stock removal.
Does anyone know if the Ridgid R2612 sander is a clone of the Metabo?
Can't quite pull the trigger on a Festool, and this looks like the next best thing.
Read the threads on the bosch, but see quite a few people reviewing it have trouble with the screws loosening in the pad.

Which bosch are you talking about? I have the 1250devs, and its a real workhorse. More sander than the metabo/rigid, probably closer to the Rotax in power and construction. No problems with mine, nor have I heard of any. Dust collection is super with a decent vac.