PDA

View Full Version : Glenn's Shop Tour 2007

glenn bradley
12-08-2007, 3:32 PM
Well I've realized its foolish to wait till I "get done" to do a shop tour because that's never gonna happen. Here's a wander through where I am at this point complete with all the fodder that comes and goes and just happens to be here now.

There's too many shots to go through posting them 2 at a time so I'll just hit some highlights. BTW, since we like pics so much, why can't we attach 8 or 10 at a time? But, I digress . . .

One before shot just to give you an idea that I lived in a world of 'gotta move this to get to that so I can move something else, etc.'

So, after some decent effort I now have the storage wall reasonably available. These cabinets hold everything from screws, jigs, tools and supplies that are just stock or rarely used. All against the back wall and out of the way.

A shot of the front left corner. Excuse the dresser that LOML insists must be restored and painted ** sigh **. The new electrical sub panel is in and the wall is white, the lights are better positioned, etc.

This is some more of the new wall showing a hanger for my planer sled and straight edge jigs. Once I got them off the lumber rack, I could get the wood off the floor and then move stuff around . . . . well you get the idea. The TS sleds are carefully guarding my little Delta DC that I use for the TS.

The bench.

A few more follow . . .

glenn bradley
12-08-2007, 3:48 PM
Here's a shot across that old bench-stand that I held my bench top on during the build. It was almost out the door and then redeemed itself by volunteering as an outfeed / extra space surface that didn't have to be well treated. You can see the little Bosch that is currently triggering the ShopVac via my anaconda hose/power cord doo-jobber.

This is an intermediate left rear corner. My cut-off bin and plywood storage divide the laundry from the rest of the shop and provide a dust free barrier for my clothes washing and hanging area . . . . Yeah, Right! It also shows the next wall to fall under attack once I recover from the previous wall/electrical effort.

That'll give you a bit of an idea of what's been keeping me busy lately. Hope it gives some folks some ideas and maybe the nudge we all need now and then.

David Duke
12-08-2007, 3:54 PM
Looking good Glen, looks like your headed in the right direction!!!!!!!!! Are you planning on sheet rocking the ceiling?

glenn bradley
12-08-2007, 4:27 PM
Looking good Glen, looks like your headed in the right direction!!!!!!!!! Are you planning on sheet rocking the ceiling?

Alas, my rafters are valuable storage space so my shop is destined to always have that garage-look. Thanks goodness for SoCal weather.

David Cramer
12-08-2007, 8:24 PM
I totally agree about the rafter space Glenn, but boy oh boy it sure does help the lighting if the ceiling is uniformly done in a nice bright ultra white. I am in my mid to upper 30's(OLD):D and know one day it'll get tougher to see.

By the way, GREAT SHOP!!!! It looks to be very well layed out.
I always enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for photos and I really dig that bandsaw. One day I'm gettin' me one, although it'll be awhile for sure.

Dave

Heather Thompson
12-08-2007, 8:37 PM
The machine in front of the bandsaw, is that some sort of high tech thickness planer. :D

Heather

PS I can't help myself sometimes.

Jim Dunn
12-08-2007, 11:42 PM
The machine in front of the bandsaw, is that some sort of high tech thickness planer. :D

Heather

PS I can't help myself sometimes.

Heather you beat me to it:p:p

Glenn that's some shop! I like the garage look myself especially since your in SoCal and can afford to leave the door open:eek: (we're expecting about 1/2" of freezing rain tonight)

Jim O'Dell
12-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Great shop! Thanks for the tour. I do like the metal storage cabinet. Very handy! Jim.

Mike Langford
12-09-2007, 12:28 AM
WOW! You have a washer & dryer in your shop?! :eek: NEAT-O!! :D

I bet you wish you had more woodworking tools in that space!

Great looking shop Glenn! Like David C., I too always enjoy reading your posts...lets see more pics!

One of these days I'm gonna post some pics of my shop......'cause like you said...."I've realized its foolish to wait till I "get done" to do a shop tour because that's never gonna happen."......ditto!

Jim Becker
12-09-2007, 1:43 AM
Thanks for the tour, Glenn!

frank shic
12-09-2007, 2:15 AM
thanks for sharing part of your world with us, glenn!

Rick Potter
12-09-2007, 3:26 AM
Reminds me of my shop, Glenn. With people moving in and out of our house, it has slowly become a storage area for furniture and boxes. I keep finding places to put it, and more comes in. Every time I want to make something, I have to spend a couple hours finding the tools.

Rick Potter
Upland CA