PDA

View Full Version : G0586 8' Jointer

Dave Dye
12-08-2007, 12:23 PM
My first post.

Just bought the G0586 Jointer yesterday in Muncy. Seems to be all the machine I will ever need. I'll know after more use.

I do have one constructive criticism. I put it together myself and thought it would be much nicer to have carriage bolts holding the motor with a square holes through the dust chute. It's tough to hold one end of a bolt while tighening the other, with your hand up the dust chute, laying on your back, upside down. This would also give less obstruction in the dust shoot.

Just a thought, I'm sure their is a good reason. I'll report back after more use.

Bill Fellmy
12-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Dave. Add bifocals to your list of assembly plagues and you'll have just one more frustration the deal with. Once the GO586 is put together and set up, you'll like it a lot. I've had mine a couple of years now and it has performed well.

Brad Townsend
12-08-2007, 1:38 PM
I totally agree! That is one nasty bit of contortion trying to tighten those things. Wiring the motor was a real treat as well. That was two years ago and ever since I've been most happy with it. It's a good machine.

Dave Dye
12-09-2007, 2:47 PM
Your right Bill, I forgot about bifocals, I have that problem also. Well, I've used several times and it work like a charm. Love it so far.

Mac Cambra
12-09-2007, 3:46 PM
I remember being in that very same position, I surrenders and had the little woman hold the bolt while I tightened. I have had the machine for a couple years now as well and am very happy.

I added a Byrd cutter head a year or so ago and couldn't be happier. I recommend that upgrade without hesitation.