PDA

View Full Version : Oops...a new gottcha

Chris Barnett
12-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Web site says free gift for orders over three separate dollar values. So find my band saw, a G0514X2 and place my order....but no free gift. Turns out you must place your order over the internet instead of the phone per CS. Must read the fine print that is not even there:mad:. Well, shucks, could have used the electrical winch to lift the new BS off the pallet so I could place it on the new Super Heavy Duty Shop Fox mobile base.
Was looking on the web site to order the G1021x or 33x planer [again by phone] when I realized I missed out on the freebe. Perhaps missed it too on the G1023SLW. Perhaps I need mustard to keep my new 3520B company! Thanks, I feel much better now :p.
Found the fine print...only with online orders. Well....how 'bout the telephone line. Much wiser now.

Tom Leftley
12-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I think the first clue was the gift offer being on a website??

Stan Welborn
12-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Sounds like a lot of nice green tools headed your way to me.

Tim Marks
12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I am thinking that the free gift offer is to try to entice you to try/use their online ordering service to reduce the call loading of their sales staff.

Their online order system works great, so I have no problems with that.

You second clue should have been when the operator didn't ask you which free gift you want with your FIRST order. When you order online, you get to choose. It isn't like opening a box of cracker jacks to see what you get.

Chris Barnett
12-08-2007, 1:23 PM
Yes, I messed up and it will probably not be the last time :D. After posting, I went back to the beginning and realized that it did require web purchases which does save them some phone time. And if I don't call to order a spiral head planer, I can save them even more phone time :D.

Lee Koepke
12-08-2007, 2:09 PM
I ended up ordering online, and got a 20 ct router bit set. My saw and gifts got here in about 4 days, and cant wait to fire it up