PDA

View Full Version : Grrripper DVD-Another Plug

Stan Smith
02-18-2004, 3:05 PM
Sad to say that I had not watched the complete dvd before I went ahead and made a zero clearance insert. The dvd shows an easy way to make one--much easier and accurate than what I did. Changing to a smaller blade didn't resolve my problem and I had to widen the cut slit on my scroll saw. However, when I came in from the shop, I decided to watch the parts I had skipped. To my (aw shet) surprise, I could see that the demo way was oh so much simpler. Not to despair, though, because I have need of one for my dado set and future needs as well. Thanks MicroJig for throwing that little aid in the dvd. Some real neat tips on using it on the router table, too that will be a big help to me.

Chris DeHut
02-18-2004, 4:38 PM
Sad to say that I had not watched the complete dvd before I went ahead and made a zero clearance insert. The dvd shows an easy way to make one--much easier and accurate than what I did. Changing to a smaller blade didn't resolve my problem and I had to widen the cut slit on my scroll saw. However, when I came in from the shop, I decided to watch the parts I had skipped. To my (aw shet) surprise, I could see that the demo way was oh so much simpler. Not to despair, though, because I have need of one for my dado set and future needs as well. Thanks MicroJig for throwing that little aid in the dvd. Some real neat tips on using it on the router table, too that will be a big help to me.When Henry (owner of Micro Jig) approched us about producing the DVD for them, his ambitions were high (as are his standards). I really didn't think we could pack everything he wanted into that DVD, but with a little hard work and some fancy editing, we got it all in there. Glad you watched the rest of it and glad you got some more useful tips out of it!

Chris DeHut