PDA

View Full Version : So Close... Yet So Far Away

Raymond Overman
12-07-2007, 2:46 PM
I just called the LTL company that’s delivering my new lathe and unless I want to go pick it up at the terminal today, I get to wait until Monday morning for delivery. It’s just so close. Couldn’t they just call someone to come back and put it on their truck for me? Just this one time? :rolleyes:

Tony De Masi
12-07-2007, 3:01 PM
Raymond,

I feel for ya on this one. The anticipation of getting that new tool, ya know where it's at, and yet you can't get your hands on it.

Is there any way you can actually pick it up yourself?

Tony

Rasmus Petersen
12-07-2007, 3:11 PM
i soooooo feel with you... have been wating for my very first chuck for what seems like ages and know the TNT guy called and told me he was at the door with a package... but ARGGGGGGGGGGG im not home, and wont be home till sunday...... (the ages beeing from when i orderd and payed a weekago)

Bill Wyko
12-07-2007, 3:41 PM
Bummer. Then you have the work week in front of you. I don't know what's worse, not having it or having it and not being able to use it until the weekend.:cool:

Raymond Overman
12-07-2007, 4:00 PM
Yeah, I thought about it but one, I can't see sliding that kind of weight into the back of a Cherokee, two, Jet paid for it to be hauled to my house so they should get their moneys worth, and three, I'd have to take out a loan to buy the gas to travel to the other side of town to get it.

I guess it'll just be a test of my patience over the weekend.

Raymond,

I feel for ya on this one. The anticipation of getting that new tool, ya know where it's at, and yet you can't get your hands on it.

Is there any way you can actually pick it up yourself?

Tony

Alex Elias
12-07-2007, 4:56 PM
Yeah, I thought about it but one, I can't see sliding that kind of weight into the back of a Cherokee, two, Jet paid for it to be hauled to my house so they should get their moneys worth, and three, I'd have to take out a loan to buy the gas to travel to the other side of town to get it.

I guess it'll just be a test of my patience over the weekend.

A cherokee should be able to carry a lathe, if not you need new suspention on the car :D. I got the same dilema with mine and as much as I hated I drove 115 miles round trip to pick it up. I'm with you on the gas since my truck gives me 10MPG it cost me about $30 to go get my tool. But again I got it sooner to play arrond.
Good luck and let us know what you did once the day is over. You could always run some errands in your way there and back to justify the trip.

Raymond Overman
12-07-2007, 6:02 PM
Well, my old Cherokee is more of a passenger car than a real Jeep and yes, I could probably use some overloading springs on it. I think if I put 500# in the back it would be done. When the day is done, unfortunately I'm just going to wait it out. This too shall pass.

Dale Gregory
12-07-2007, 6:13 PM
Hey Ray, mine is at the terminal also. Lucky I called them to ask about setting up delivery to my house because they thought they were delivering to a business. Evidently the Jet Wholesaler didn't tell them about the home delivery and lift gate service, nor pay them for it. After a call to Rockler's Internet Service department they got it all straightend out and will be delivered Weds. of next week. Damn, I need to get busy this weekend running the 220v line and ordering a new chuck. Good luck with yours on Monday, let us know how it went.

Dale

Raymond Overman
12-07-2007, 6:52 PM
Hey Ray, mine is at the terminal also. Lucky I called them to ask about setting up delivery to my house because they thought they were delivering to a business. Evidently the Jet Wholesaler didn't tell them about the home delivery and lift gate service, nor pay them for it. After a call to Rockler's Internet Service department they got it all straightend out and will be delivered Weds. of next week. Damn, I need to get busy this weekend running the 220v line and ordering a new chuck. Good luck with yours on Monday, let us know how it went.

Dale

Yep Da, I made sure to put in the customer's notes that I would need residential lift gate shipping. If I hadn't called them today, I don't know that I would have a Monday appointment either. Lucky I was chomping at the bit to get my hands on it and called today. :) I work just three miles from the house so I can't wait to get the call on Monday morning. I already have 220v in my shop for the variable speed on my current lathe. All I'll have to do is cut from that and switch over. That's a lot for someone whose not to fond of working with electricity though. It shouldn't take much though once I cut it off at the breaker.