PDA

View Full Version : What did Santa put under the tree (or out in the shop)?

Bill Bryant
12-07-2007, 1:25 AM
I'm eyeing a package that could be a Dowelmax. If it's something else that's OK. My wife is the greatest whatever it is. I do think it's a Dowelmax, though, and I hope I'm right.

How about you?

Stan Welborn
12-07-2007, 8:15 AM
ETS 150-3. Unless there's something at Woodcraft with the same price on my bank statement. :p

alex grams
12-07-2007, 8:41 AM
I suspect a bench vise, though i would have no clue how my wife could haul something around that heavy....

Ron Hedrick
12-07-2007, 8:44 AM
Rockler band saw table and Wixey Digital Fence readout with Wixey angle gauge. That's to start. And a stick.

Keith Starosta
12-07-2007, 9:03 AM
Not sure what's in it, but a box from Rockler showed up on the doorstep yesterday. About 50% of the stuff on my wish list could fit in this box, so we shall see....

- Keith

richard poitras
12-07-2007, 9:50 AM
Work sharp 3000 ordered it myself for my mother-in-law to give to me. I was told to act surprised!

Jim Becker
12-07-2007, 9:50 AM
Um...Santa doesn't arrive for a few weeks yet...

Rob Wright
12-07-2007, 10:15 AM
hmm - let's see....

I know that I asked for the new Wixey digital caliper and a few more of the Mcfeely's - Festool screw packages. I checked the browser history on SWMBO's laptop and she had visited both the Woodcraft and McFeely's sites. I also looked at the 3 base Dewalt 621 router combo so I could have another D handle for $209 after the rebate - that's at amazon and we seem to get packages from them on a daily basis so i have no idea on that one.

Nothing under the tree yet so I suppose that if they are at the house that they are hiding from me.:D

Steven Wilson
12-07-2007, 12:00 PM
A Lamello E2 from Ebay

David Weaver
12-07-2007, 12:07 PM
The set of 6 LV Japanese Dovetail Chisels, a LV Medium Shoulder Plane and a LV Low Angle Jack with two blades (one for shooting and one for smoothing).

This past year has been all LN, so this Christmas is going to be all LV.

Jacob Mac
12-07-2007, 12:10 PM
I got the PC router ROS deal from amazon. I ordered it myself, but I told my wife what she bought for me :)

Richard Adamo
12-07-2007, 12:18 PM
I am getting a Bosch PS20 but I really wanted the PS40

Scott Long
12-07-2007, 12:20 PM
THe wife is taking me to the local woodcraft, they are having a huge sale next weekend. They are having alot of manufacturers bringing reps.

We'll see. I think that i was good this year

Justin McCurdy
12-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Santa is picking me up a Hegner scroll saw (used). That should more than suffice. I told the wife she could wrap up some of the books I just got from Amazon for the kids to give me. Somehow I always end up with exactly what I wanted for XMas.

Al Willits
12-07-2007, 1:19 PM
I asked for a 26" or so drum sander, "fat chance" is the only part of Beasties reply I can print.. :D
So I guess that's out, but she did ask me which model Dewalt cordless drill I wanted, and asked me to point out a few items in the rockler/Woodcraft catalogs, so I'd say prob a 14v Dewalt drill and....???

We both are putting together a box for the Vets hospital, I'd hope maybe others might do the same, all is not rosy for many vets and a little X-mas cheer has got to help.

Al

richard poitras
12-07-2007, 1:32 PM
Justin did you get the Hegner scroll saw from Craig’s list? I just saw one on there the other day for $300.00……

Don Bullock
12-07-2007, 1:51 PM
Um...Santa doesn't arrive for a few weeks yet...

While that may be true, my Christmas presents are already in use. I "needed" them to make some Christmas presents.;):D

Thomas Knighton
12-07-2007, 2:34 PM
For woodworking? Probably very little. My wife seems to think I need a new sweater more than new chisels :confused:

Tom

Bill White
12-07-2007, 3:03 PM
Socks?
Bill

Steve Sawyer
12-07-2007, 4:05 PM
For years, the LOML, in response to my reply to the "what do you want for Christmas" question would say "Go buy it". Not much fun (at least in the gift-receiving sense). :(

This year, I planned ahead. I started making a list of things that I absolutely would never buy for myself, opting instead to make or prowl the flea markets and used tool postings here and elsewhere until I got something close to what I needed at a price I could spend without the guilt reflex.

So what's on the list?

1) Veritas Medium Shoulder Plane
2) Gramercy Tools 9" Dovetail Saw
3) Gramercy Tools 3-piece cabinetmakers rasp set
4) Woodpeckers drill press table

We'll see what (if anything) shows up ;)

Rich Engelhardt
12-08-2007, 6:50 AM
Hello,

Melissa's "new" bathroom!!!!

:mad::mad:
(not enough room for all the "grumpy" faces)

Bah! Humbug!!

Stan Welborn
12-08-2007, 9:37 AM
Hello,

Melissa's "new" bathroom!!!!

:mad::mad:
(not enough room for all the "grumpy" faces)

Bah! Humbug!!

Heh heh. Sorry man. Funny though. In an America's-Home-Video-someone-else's-pain sorta way.:D

Jack Briggs
12-08-2007, 9:51 AM
Santa arrived Tuesday with a Terrco Marlin 624 Duplicarver.

Okay - replace "Santa" with "the UPS guy" and it's all good. No tree this year, either.

Curtis Simpler
12-08-2007, 9:52 AM
I got a new compressor from our newly opened Northrn Tool. I know because when my wife used my truck to pick it up our neighbor who was going to hide it had to work late and I ha dto unload it. Same thing happened two years ago with my jointer. Told her she needed to get better neighbors. I think he did it for me. HE HE HE!

Curtis