PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who ordered the PC router+sander for $95 on amazon

John Karam
12-06-2007, 10:07 PM
So I came home and found that UPS left a box by my door. Picked it up, it was light. Opened it only to find the "free" sander in the box. The box could easily fit the sander (which was in a plastic case) along with the router...but the router is missing...

Looked at the package slip and it had both the router and sander listed that were supposed to be "in this shipment." It also said "This shipment completes your order 7746 (2 of 2)" Which leads me to believe there was a 1 of 2 box...

My question is for anyone who has received their router and sander from this deal. Was it in one big box or two separate boxes? Is it safe to say my router has disappeared and I should be concerned?

Thanks

Scott Rollins
12-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Mine came in one box. I would be worried if it doesn't show up tomorrow

Randy Cohen
12-06-2007, 10:16 PM
i would check the tracking thing and see if theres another package coming and if not i would contact amazon right away.

John Karam
12-06-2007, 10:21 PM
the tracker says its "delivered."

yeah, i think i may have a problem :(

I just emailed them....hope they sort it out quick, i have a lot of things id like to order from amazon....

Jon Bonham
12-06-2007, 10:41 PM
the tracker says its "delivered."

yeah, i think i may have a problem :(

I just emailed them....hope they sort it out quick, i have a lot of things id like to order from amazon....

If your order shipped in two different boxes, from two different warehouse (which is likely), then they will not have the same tracking number. Even if they shipped from the same place, like 1 of 2 boxes, they still have distinct tracking numbers.

Mike Heidrick
12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
I bet it arrives tomorrow or monday. I think you will be fine.

scott spencer
12-06-2007, 10:51 PM
If both items were supposed to be in that box, there should be some weight discrepancies to support your case.

Hopefully a second box will show.

John Karam
12-07-2007, 1:01 AM
well the weight is supposed to be 20lbs, pretty sure the sander isnt that.
i emailed them, we will see what they say

thanks for your opinions

Kurt Strandberg
12-07-2007, 7:45 AM
Mine came in one box, also.

David Weaver
12-07-2007, 8:57 AM
I think you'll be fine.

The only thing that would make me worry is if the slip said one of one and said "router and sander" on it.

You're going to get CS in India if you call, so you might as well wait a day or two and try to avoid that - they're not going to understand what a router and sander is, and they're just going to tell you to send everything back with a prepaid slip that they'll email to you. Don't do it - just wait.

I had a hullabaloo earlier this year where I tried to get the grip tite system (two featherboards and a steel fence plate) and they labeled the single featherboard boxes (small, like a small candy box) with the full system label. I got the small box with the full system slip in it twice before I gave up. Each time, I got someone in india who wanted me to just send it back right away, but they labeled a whole batch wrong, so I should've just gotten my money back in the first place.

Anyway, if your packing slip says 2 of 2, 1 of 2 is probably shipped and just coming from farther away. Get on the website and go to the "where's my stuff" section and see if you can find a second tracking number.

Allen Bookout
12-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Mine came in one box also. The month before I also ordered the router combined with the edge guide and they both came in the same box also.

Jacob Mac
12-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, and came across this deal b/c someone here on the forum pointed it out to me. I am completely new to WW, and so far I have found a lot of good info on the site, and I hope to continue learning from all of you.

To answer the OP's question, I just received my order yesterday, and it came in two boxes. Both boxes came from Amazon's warehouse in Coffeville KS. However I live in Kansas, so mayber that is why it was shipeed from there.

Steve Clardy
12-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I ordered and recieved 2 routers and 2 sanders.

They came in.......3 boxes.

Routers in 1 box

Sanders in individual boxes

mike wacker
12-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Placed an order for one of each. recieved two shipping confirmations yesterday. One for the router and one for the sander. I expect to receive two boxes in two separate shipments. I'll report in with an update.

PS. Check under the rock in the front next to the garage door. UPS has hidden somepackages for me in the strangest of places. Especially this time a year with the extra/temp drivers.

Jon Bonham
12-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Placed an order for one of each. recieved two shipping confirmations yesterday. One for the router and one for the sander. I expect to receive two boxes in two separate shipments. I'll report in with an update.

PS. Check under the rock in the front next to the garage door. UPS has hidden somepackages for me in the strangest of places. Especially this time a year with the extra/temp drivers.
You think maybe they hid one box and left the other in plain sight? ;)

mike wacker
12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Stranger things have happened. ;o)

John Karam
12-07-2007, 9:29 PM
Well i emailed amazon and they shipped me another router and gave me a tracking number for it.

Thats nice of them. wonder where the other went :confused:

Steve Clardy
12-07-2007, 9:31 PM
:cool::cool::cool::D

mike wacker
12-08-2007, 8:27 PM
ROS came today. No Router. Packing slip only listed sander but had a line that said this completes your order. Kinda foolish line that could alarm. I'm sure Router will show Monday or Tuesday.

James Boster
12-08-2007, 9:03 PM
mine came in one box

Andrew Catron
12-20-2007, 7:35 AM
just want to let you guys know the router is down to $87, i just ordered it. I'm sure if anyone emails amazon they will refund an extra $9 - they have done that for me in the past if it is within 30 days.

RickT Harding
12-20-2007, 10:02 AM
just want to let you guys know the router is down to $87, i just ordered it. I'm sure if anyone emails amazon they will refund an extra $9 - they have done that for me in the past if it is within 30 days.

I was looking at the router last night thinking it was a good buy. I totally missed the sander part and after reading this, on order. :D

Brian Tillinghast
12-20-2007, 5:25 PM
Thanks Andrew, I just emailed to see if I can get $9 credit. I thought it was a great deal (router & sander) @ $96, now I want another. Already have two set up for dt. Maybe I can get one for every bit I have:D

glenn bradley
12-20-2007, 5:49 PM
I ordered and recieved 2 routers and 2 sanders.

They came in.......3 boxes.

Routers in 1 box

Sanders in individual boxes

Oh sure Steve, you just gotta be different :D.

Art Mulder
12-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Being a Canuck I can almost never take advantage of these deals. But this one happened to coincide with a vacation south, so I had it shipped to my friend's place in Chapel Hill, NC, where I picked up as we passed through.

Mine also came in one big box with a bunch of plastic filler/balloons to take up the space.

But I doubt I'll make the effort to try an scare up a $9 credit. IMHO, $96 was already a steal. Not to mention $96 with free shipping, and no sales tax. Around here I see the router alone for $159 in stores.

Randy Klein
12-21-2007, 7:10 AM
But I doubt I'll make the effort to try an scare up a $9 credit. IMHO, $96 was already a steal. Not to mention $96 with free shipping, and no sales tax. Around here I see the router alone for $159 in stores.

Check out this link (http://www.nukeprice.com/). Getting a refund for the difference is as simple as a single email. I've done it a few times.

The link is for the nuke price amazon watch. A neat little program that watches amazon items and emails you when they drop in price. Every time I buy an item, I add it to the watch list for 30 days.

Jim Fox
12-21-2007, 9:06 AM
I originally got in on this deal..........because.........you can never have enough power tools, right? Then I canceled it because I have several of each item already. Boy I am glad I did........after Tuesday's meeting at work and the restructuring of salaries and commissions/bonuses I am starting to wonder if I can even keep my house and tools.:mad:

Brian Tillinghast
12-21-2007, 3:59 PM
Thanks again, Andrew. I e-mailed Amazon yesterday and today they replied they will credit me the $9. I really should get one for every bit at this price.:D
Forgot the original question- mine came in 1 box

Steve Clardy
12-21-2007, 4:11 PM

Well shucks. My original order was past the 30 days. :)

But.....I ordered 3 more. :rolleyes:
One of those is for a friend;)

Oh sure Steve, you just gotta be different :D.

Yep. Thats what my mother always told me. :eek::confused::o:D

Jim Heagney
12-21-2007, 4:30 PM
Anybody have a link for this router and sander deal? I have not been able to find it on Amazon.

TIA,

Jim

Steve Clardy
12-21-2007, 4:47 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-690LR-Fixed-Horsepower-Router/dp/B00005QEVQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1198273530&sr=1-1#productPromotions

Price is currently back up, and out of stock.
Keep checking back