PDA

View Full Version : Universal Laser s25PS

Pete Thomas(UK)
12-06-2007, 1:45 PM
Hi all members.

This is my first post so please help answer the following questions.

I am looking to buy a used laser for engraving mostly glass. I have the option of a Universal S25PS machine that is supposed to be in good order. My questions are:-

Are these machines reliable, I know they are getting old?
Are rotary attachments available for them(haven't heard from(ULS)?
What sort of weight is the machine?
Please any other usefull information I should know?I must add that I am very impressed with the forum having been looking at it over the past few weeks. Brilliant .

Pete T

Waiting to get set up.

Mike Mackenzie
12-06-2007, 2:06 PM
Pete,

First off if you can supply me with the serial number I can research the system for you.

Second get the serial number from the laser tube and get it to me this would be a deal breaker depending on the age and serial number of the laser tube.

These are very good reliable systems and if it is working good it will go for a long time depending on the tube.

We have a rotary attachment for the PS I doubt that uls will have one.

The weight of the system is about 150 lbs.

Get me the serial numbers and I will check it out for you.

Pete Thomas(UK)
12-06-2007, 2:44 PM
It's the one on Ebay at the moment. Rather concerned abouts its age 1994. Cant see serial no. Could be reallly dodgey. Especially after shipping expense.

Scott Shepherd
12-06-2007, 2:48 PM
Serial number is 1418 according to the photo of the name plate.

Mike Mackenzie
12-06-2007, 5:39 PM
Pete,

I would demand that they give you the serial number of the laser Tube or stay away from it.

Pete Thomas(UK)
12-06-2007, 5:49 PM
Pete,

I would demand that they give you the serial number of the laser Tube or stay away from it.

Thanks Mike,

I guess that the serial no will give me some idea of its age and if it has been refilled and when.

Any idea how much it costs to refill/charge the tubes?

Pete T

Mike Mackenzie
12-06-2007, 5:51 PM
Pete,

Looked up that serial number and it looks like it belonged to a company in Colorado. They were doing Woodworking The dates in the data base would put this system in the era of the AC tubes (1995). If this is this system I would not recommend anyone to purchase it unless they are using it for parts. These old AC tubes can not be serviced any longer, They could be converted to DC but by the time you got all of the necessary parts and did the work you could have bought new.

I do not know if the laser tube has been serviced recently (within the last 2 years) It is not noted in our data base.

Beware.