PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw tweek question

Craig D Peltier
12-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi I have the 14 griz with riser. When I put a resaw fence on it and measure at the bottom to the blade and then take a measurement about 6 inches up its wider at the top by about 1/8? How do I adjust for this?

I also notice it when I slides the cooling blocks arm up and down theres more pressure as I push it higher. Also my rear cooling block on top is at the furthest it will come towards the back of blade.Something must be out of whack.

Thanks

Sean Kinn
12-06-2007, 10:36 AM
I just went through this last weekend. It should be in the manual, but here are the things to check:
1. The the table itself is at a perfect 90 degree angle to the tensioned blade. Use an engineers square or accurate combination square. Don't trust the markings on the trunion to be 100% accurate. Also, use the longest ssquare you can fit in between the upper blade guide in its upright position and the table.

2. You may have to loosen and tweak the positioning of the rails that the fence rides on, while then checking the alignment of the re-saw fence with the blade. Once everything is in alignment carefully re-tighten the bolts that hold the rail to the table.

3. You may also have to adjust the little "foot" at the far end of the fence where it rides on the other rail.

It's pretty simple really, amd will become obvious once you start to do it.