PDA

View Full Version : What about Freud

Jim Guy
02-18-2004, 6:37 AM
What I consider the best woodworking store in the area (Muellers in Cincinnati) is having Freud come in for two days of demos and a 20% off sale. I've never purchased any Freud products. I'm needing a few blades and several router bits. Could those of you who have purchased and used Freud give me your opinion? I'm thinking their a little pricey but don't mind paying if the quality is there.
Thanks, Jim

Tom Hintz
02-18-2004, 6:56 AM
I've never used Freud blades but their router bits and forstner drill bits are first class. I wouldn't be afraid to buy anything from them.

John Miliunas
02-18-2004, 8:06 AM
I've never used Freud blades but their router bits and forstner drill bits are first class. I wouldn't be afraid to buy anything from them.

Jim, I've had their Super Dado set for a while, and although I haven't used them a real lot, they've done a Super job for me! I've only got the 6" set, which I bought when I only had a contractor saw. That said, I'm seriously thinking about checking out their new adjustable (dial-in) dado set at the WW Show this weekend. Wouldn't hesitate buying Freud. Oh yeah...Got their big router and biscuit jointer, too! Both work great. :cool:

Larry Browning
02-18-2004, 8:08 AM
I have the LU84 combo blade and their low end dado set. I think Freud is without a doubt the best value in saw blades on the market.

Mark Bachler
02-18-2004, 8:18 AM
I've got their 12" 96 tooth ultimate chop saw blade & love it. Cuts as smooth as my forehead.

Brian Triplett
02-18-2004, 8:45 AM
Hi
I have Freud's new 10" glue line rip blade. I could not believe how smooth the cut is. definitely worth the $50. I also have a few of their router bits, they also produce a very nice and smooth finish.

Brian

Donnie Raines
02-18-2004, 8:53 AM
I was there yesterday....and they are loaded up with Freud blades and bits.....good prices to.

I have a number of Freud's products....all work just fine(..to be honest...I am a Ammana fan). They will have reps there to answer your questions, and as I understood the sales rep, will be performing demo's of their product. Sounds like it is worth attending.

DonnieR

Lee Schierer
02-18-2004, 8:57 AM
I've had excellent luck with Frued blades. They are sharp, hold their edge well and do a great job cutting. Their router bits are also excellent. Their customer support is very good as well. They replaced a blade that broke in a cutting accident even though they really didn't have to. Since it was a new blade, I asked if they could repair it. They sent me a new blade instead no charge.

The best time to buy Freud stuff is during these in store demos where the distributor offers 20% off.

Dave Sweeney
02-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Freud is also my choice of blades. I run the LU84 on my table saw and the LU85 on my CMS. I also have some Freud Forstner Bits which are excellent and the FJ85 Jigsaw which, IMO, is one** of the best jigsaws you can buy. Great products and their Customer Service Dept. is top shelf as far as I'm concerned.

** :D I did say one not THE. :cool:

John Miliunas
02-18-2004, 11:10 AM
** :D I did say one not THE. :cool:

LOL! Glad you qualified your statement. You've GOT to try out the Festool jigsaw if you want to say "THE"! :D Seriously, the thing is simply awesome and I think Festool may very well have "written the book" on Customer Service! :cool:

Ralph Steffey
02-18-2004, 5:22 PM
What I consider the best woodworking store in the area (Muellers in Cincinnati) is having Freud come in for two days of demos and a 20% off sale. I've never purchased any Freud products. I'm needing a few blades and several router bits. Could those of you who have purchased and used Freud give me your opinion? I'm thinking their a little pricey but don't mind paying if the quality is there.
Thanks, Jim

I find the freud to be the best blades and bits on the market for the money.

Lynn Sonier
02-18-2004, 5:54 PM
I have used several Freud 40 tooth blades on my table saw and they're darn good. They are standard equipment on the Ryobi BT3x00.

Jim Guy
02-18-2004, 6:31 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I'll be laying down the bucks tomorrow at Mullers.
Jim

Ron Jones near Indy
02-18-2004, 7:20 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I'll be laying down the bucks tomorrow at Mullers.
Jim
Jim,
I have used Freud xcut and rip blades as well as their blades on a RAS and CMS saw. Like the 8' super dado and router bits too. Like them all! But I have found Amazon to be less expensive than the 20% off sales in Indy.

John Wadsworth
02-19-2004, 10:12 AM
I have a number of Freud saw blades and router bits and have always found them first class.

Mark Singer
02-19-2004, 10:19 AM
As a psyciatrist he was cutting it...therries on sex..etc. as a blade I am not sure...Woodline makes a cheap bit that works well and does not have the Freudian hang ups that can cause tear out... This all goes back to my early days as a child ...

John Miliunas
02-19-2004, 10:40 AM
As a psyciatrist he was cutting it...therries on sex..etc. as a blade I am not sure...Woodline makes a cheap bit that works well and does not have the Freudian hang ups that can cause tear out... This all goes back to my early days as a child ...

Oh, fer cryin' out loud....Right about 20,000 comedians out of work and Mark is trying to break into the industry! :rolleyes: Almost as bad as when we lived in DeForest. People always asking where that was and I'd tell them, "Well, DeForest is over by de trees, of course." :D :cool:

Tyler Howell
02-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Mark! How do you feel about that? Do you blame your mother?? Your among friends, you can share your feelings openly here. ;)

Best blades I've ever owned but then I'm comparing them to Sears has everything Crapsman

Mark Singer
02-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Tyler,
My feeling are deeply seated (like a mortise)and it has a bearing of my whole life...not to mention my router bits

John Miliunas
02-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Tyler,
My feeling are deeply seated (like a mortise)and it has a bearing of my whole life...not to mention my router bits

Uh,ohhh. Careful Mark. You say too much more and Tyler is going to start charging you for a consult and, from what I hear, he ain't cheap! :D :cool:

Robert Ducharme
02-19-2004, 2:25 PM

Let me see, "... your early days as a child" - did you really greet the pilgrims at plymouth rock?

Kent Cori
02-19-2004, 2:57 PM
I have a Freud LU85 on my CMS which truly gives cuts a smooth as glass. I have several of their router bits including a matched rail and stile set as well as a 2+2 panel raiser. All are great.

Jamie Buxton
02-19-2004, 3:47 PM
When you're talking to a Freud rep, ask him how an Italian company got a German name.