PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio of your work for customers

Walt Nicholson
12-05-2007, 7:09 PM
I am not sure where this post should go but thought I would mention this idea that everybody probably already knows about, but I thought it might be a good idea. There is a website www.blurb.com (http://www.blurb.com) that you can log onto and download a free software program that will help you create a book of your work. Very easy to use. You import the pictures of your work, then drag and drop, resize, etc. When you are done you upload it to them and in about a week they ship you a large or small hardbound book with a dust cover, or softbacks. If you go into the bookstore tab and type in Mustang in the search, you will see a book with a yellow Mustang on the front cover. I used an average Canon digital camera for an event we had and did the whole thing in a few days and know nothing about any of this stuff. Everybody that has seen it was blown away by the quality, it really does look like a professional quality book from a book store. I have no affiliation with blurb at all but thought you guys that turn out such gorgeous work could make a very impressive portfolio of your work to show potential customers without spending an arm and leg. Price depends on size and number of pages so the Mustang book cost me $47.00. Anyway, move this to the right forum if you will. Thanks

Joe Unni
12-05-2007, 7:46 PM
Walt,

Just checked this out - very cool!! I've saved it as a favorite and whenever the budget permits, I'll be making my own book.

BTW - sweet mustangs!

-joe

Dennis Kelly
12-05-2007, 9:39 PM
My wife used blurb to create a 25th anniversary photo album for her parents about a month ago. The quality was outstanding and was very easy to use. I never thought of using it for my own work but now that you mention it, I will certainly use this site again.

Dennis Kelly

Steve Clardy
12-05-2007, 9:54 PM
Thanks for the link.;)

Bookmarked....

Steve Wargo
12-05-2007, 11:12 PM
That is very cool. Thanks.

mike holden
12-06-2007, 8:41 AM
Excellent site. Great idea and reasonable pricing.
Will make use of this.
Thanks for the heads up,
Mike