PDA

View Full Version : Omaha Massacre

Gary Keedwell
12-05-2007, 6:58 PM
Apparently some kid opened fire in a mall in Omaha, Neb. killing eight people before killing himself. Well, at least we don't have to have a trial.:o
Gary

Frank Guerin
12-05-2007, 8:58 PM
A terrible tragedy. We keep hearing about these things more and more and I admit I have no sollution and burying ones head in the sand is certainly not helpfull but the closer I get to retirement and the more I hear of such things the more I want to be in my shop semi isolated from bad things and bad news (hopefully).

Gary Keedwell
12-05-2007, 9:30 PM
I know what you mean Frank. Retirement is in my near furure too. When we were 20 years old nobody would have even thought of doing something like that. It said on the news that he got fired from Mc Donalds and his girlfriend dumped him. I feel bad for his family but feel even worse for his victims:(
Gary

jeremy levine
12-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Just the worst. I read in a news article that an adult knew he had a gun but did not believe it was functional.

Kevin L. Pauba
12-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I work about 1/4 mile from Westroads Mall. Rumor at work is that people notified the authorities that he threatened bodily harm to his girlfriend but nothing was done. I just hope all of us start taking more seriously the crazy stuff people say.

Gary Keedwell
12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
I work about 1/4 mile from Westroads Mall. Rumor at work is that people notified the authorities that he threatened bodily harm to his girlfriend but nothing was done. I just hope all of us start taking more seriously the crazy stuff people say.
I really feel bad about it but that is just the results from a culture that is out of control. Art imitate life ....life imitates art? Who teaches the young right from wrong? With the divorce rate at close to 50% alot of these kids learn from movies, CD's and who knows what. Not wanting to get preachy but can anybody really see things getting better before they get worse?
Gary

Tyler Howell
12-06-2007, 3:07 PM
Very Sad.
Prayers for all and their families

Bob Childress
12-06-2007, 3:57 PM
It said on the news that he got fired from Mc Donalds and his girlfriend dumped him.
Gary

I really feel for the families of the victims. If you must kill yourself, why take innocents with you?

Fired from McDonalds?! :eek: He must have been a very bad apple indeed.

Bill Cunningham
12-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Another shooting in what else, a 'gun free zone' where the shooter is all but guaranteed he's the only one armed...