PDA

View Full Version : Book Deal

Steve Roxberg
02-17-2004, 10:56 PM
I was able to pick up the following three book set by Fine Woodworking at www.overstock.com for $68.

The books sell at Woodcraft for $40 each, and Fine Woodworking sells the three book hard cover set for $120. I really like the format and they have lots of photos.

No affiliation, just a happy camper with the money I saved. I almost bought one of the books at Woodcraft.

Steve

Aaron Heck
02-18-2004, 9:15 AM
Seems like a great deal. Do you have an item number for this at Overstock? I can't seen to find the set of 3.

Aaron

Steve Roxberg
02-18-2004, 9:52 AM
Seems like a great deal. Do you have an item number for this at Overstock? I can't seen to find the set of 3.

Aaron

Good question the item number is 864369 and if you search for it the set will come up.

I would also recommend searching under books for woodworking. That's how I found it, it was on the last page of 5 that contained hits. They had several other Taunton books at really bood price, almost 50% off.

You can get a better description of what you would be buying from the Finewoodworking site.

They are really nice books, I'm impressed.

Aaron Heck
02-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Thanks! I actually found that item on the site, but I didn't know that was the 3 book set. I saw it was authored by Lonnie Bird, and I knew the Cabinet book was written by Andy Rae, so that threw me for a loop.

Anyway, thanks, and I agree, these are super nice books.

Aaron

Daniel Rabinovitz
02-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Fellows
I own two of the books and think that they are "well worth" having in your personal library.
Daniel :rolleyes: