PDA

View Full Version : Craft Supplies USA Donation

Keith Outten
02-17-2004, 7:49 PM
Darrel Nish, the President of Craft Supplies USA sent me the following message.

Dear Organizer,

It is good to see the website for the pen project, I think it will be a
super project that will be enjoyable for everyone involved.

Craft Supplies USA would like to offer the following free of charge to your
organization in support of this very worthwhile project.

500 24k Twist Pen Kits
We would provide the pens to you folks, how you distribute them, etc. would be completely up to you.

Also, we would be glad to provide 5 lb boxes of assorted pen blanks to
whomever would be interested in using them exclusively for this project.
Our supply is somewhat limited but I expect we have a hundred boxes or so available. Some are stabilized and some are not. These are assorted blanks with small flaws, etc. but that are still useful for pen making. All we ask is that the recipient cover the shipping cost of the box (about $7.00).

Also, we would be glad to list your logo and link on our website to assist
in promoting this project.

Please let me know if this would be of interest.

Sincerely,

Darrel Nish
President

Thanks Mr. Nish for your kind offer, Ken Salisbury our Materials and Financial Coordinator will be in touch with you and make arrangements for shipping.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/

Waymon Campbell
02-17-2004, 8:32 PM
Excellent work Keith...

Keith Outten
02-17-2004, 8:41 PM
Waymon,

I wish I could take credit for this one but the email came to me from out of the blue. One of our members must have contacted Mr. Nish and asked for their help....whoever performed this act of kindness please step up and bask in the glory of your efforts :)

Jerry Stringer
02-18-2004, 12:42 AM
500 24k Twist Pen Kits

Also, we would be glad to provide 5 lb boxes of assorted pen blanks

I expect we have a hundred boxes or so available.

WOW . . . 500 pen kits and 500 lbs of wood! What a deal!

Thanks to Craft Supplies USA!!!

Jerry

Dennis Peacock
02-18-2004, 2:00 AM
So how do I get on the list for these pen kits? I would also be interested in some of the pen blanks.

Keith Outten
02-18-2004, 4:24 AM
Dennis,

Just contact Ken Salisbury and let him know what you need.

Ken Salisbury
02-18-2004, 10:51 AM
So how do I get on the list for these pen kits? I would also be interested in some of the pen blanks.
I will be working the details out with Mr Nish today. When I know something - you will know something.

Ken Salisbury
02-18-2004, 2:57 PM
Spoke with Mr Darrel Nish, President of Craft Supplies USA today. Mr Nish is shipping 500 pen kits and several large boxes of miscellaneous pen blanks free of charge to the project. These kits will go in the "free kit" inventory.

Thanks to Craft Supplies USA (The Wood Turners Catalog) for their generosity and their support for our project.

Scott Greaves
02-19-2004, 8:37 AM
The day the Freedom Pen Project started I E-Mailed a lot of my contacts about it. One of those was Ben Williams, General Manager at Craft Supplies. They have probably been interested and watching since that time, to see if this really happened, which of course it is. There were probably a number of people that contacted Craft Supplies about the FPP, so I can't take credit for anything, especially since both Ben Williams and Rex Burningham are members of the YAHOO Penturners Group, and are active in many penturning causes. I figured they would step up, because they are good people, from the top man, Darrel Nish, all the way down to the stock room guys. I just want to give a heartfelt Thank You to Darrel Nish and Craft Supplies USA!

Scott.