PDA

View Full Version : 5 Hole Papers On An 8 Hole Sander?

Derek Arita
12-04-2007, 8:41 PM
OK. So I had a PC ROS that used 5" 5 hole papers. I bought a lot paper in different grits. That sander recently broke, so I bought a 5" 8 hole sander to replace it. Question is, how do I use 5 hole papers on an 8 hole sander and still get good dust collection?

Tom Leftley
12-04-2007, 9:19 PM
Plug three holes.

Brad Shipton
12-04-2007, 9:26 PM
Make a template and drill large quantities, throw them away or try to fit as best you can and live with some excess dust. Myself, I would drill them. A good brad point bit should work, not the greatest for the bit.

michael osadchuk
12-04-2007, 9:58 PM
......line up one (and as many partial alignment of other holes ) of the five holes in the paper to your new ROS and use a "hollow punch" to make several more holes..... a hollow punch is used to punch holes in leather, soft sheet metal and is struck with a hammer; they are cheap, a set of 6 would cost $5 at a Canadian outfit like www.princessauto.com; you could find a similar outfit if you don't live "up north"

Chris Schoolland
12-06-2007, 1:05 AM
Buy a 5 hole pad to replace your 8 hole. I know some offer both as replacements. I bought one for about $30, if I remember correctly.

You know, if your PC broke like mine did, all it needs is that little clear o ring style belt that is cheap from your local (not BORG) tool store, and easy to replace. Simply remove the pad by removing the screws on the face of the pad, slip that little belt on, and reattach the pad.