PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fox molder owners

Fred LeBail
12-04-2007, 6:01 PM
I did a search on the SF molder to see if anyone has or is using the W&H multi pass accessory on their Molder. The latest post on this topic was in March of this year and I am assuming that someone must have at least looked a little deeper into the possibility.
I have owned my SF for a few months now and it seems to be a great addition to my shop. I had some custom knives ( 6") ground and made some Drawer faces for a bedroom set that I am in the process of building. I have to hog out the molding on the Tablesaw (as per the instructions) and I thought that the Multi-pass may work.
What are your thoughts ?

Thanks , Fred

Keith Outten
12-04-2007, 6:46 PM
Fred,

I own a SF Moulder as well but I haven't had time or the need to look at accessories other than the circle jig that is made for the W&H machine. I'm just waiting for the need to arise but I am sure that the circle jig will be on my short list one day.

I'm not aware of the multi-pass accessory or its benefits, enlighten me.

Fred LeBail
12-04-2007, 7:21 PM
Keith.
The multi-pass accessory allows you take lighter cuts on each pass. It can be set 3/16" above your final molding size. I am thinking that it will be easier on you machine.

It consists of what looks like a larger feedroll and 4 heavier tension springs and sprocket and chain.
Wondering if the sprockets are compatible and keeps the speed the same? Also the feedrolls fitting.