PDA

View Full Version : Worksharp WS 3000 Review

Terre Hooks
12-04-2007, 4:40 PM
In case you are looking for a sharpener, check out this review-

http://woodworkerszone.com/index.php?pageid=Review

It is a real review, very well written and well thought out.

Terre Hooks
12-04-2007, 7:55 PM
No comments?

Tom Maple
12-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the link. I've been looking for a sharpening system and this will help me decide which one to get.

Rick Potter
12-05-2007, 2:58 AM
Interesting site. Confirms all the comments that $6 is a real bargain to keep this site going as it is.

Rick Potter

Ron Hedrick
12-05-2007, 7:44 AM
I have one. I couldn't sharpen a stick if my life depended on it. I can get my chisels scary sharp using the WS3000. I love it.

Ken Massingale
12-05-2007, 7:49 AM
Decent write-up, Terre. I've had the WS3000 for a few weeks and have no complaints at all. I am looking forward to the new attachments that are scheduled to be available 1st quarter 2008. These will take care of the >2" wide plane blade limitations and add other functionality. If you look at the right side of the machine, there is already a mount for those coming attachments.
ken

Terre Hooks
12-05-2007, 8:42 AM
Thanks, Ken. Let me be clear and say I didn't write it, a friend of mine did. I called it a real review because it was done by someone that was in the market for something like this, bought it and will use it.

Mike Heaney
12-05-2007, 10:07 AM
thanks for the link- I had already added it to my Christmas list, this just reinforces the decision!

But I had not heard about the coming attachments for wider planer blades- does anyone have more info on this- I didn't see anything on their website last time I looked.

regards

Mike

Steve Clardy
12-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Whoever did that review knows how to review. ;)

I found that site here while back.

Terre Hooks
12-05-2007, 1:13 PM
Whoever did that review knows how to review. ;)

I found that site here while back.

Yeah, I'm not certain what Rick Potter's comment meant, but if you can find quality info like that there, I think it's worth checking out.

richard poitras
12-05-2007, 1:16 PM
Mike I called the Work Sharp company and asked a few questions a few days ago. They could not tell me much about the new accessories (I am sure it has to do with marketing) but did say they had some coming out so the rumors about new attachments are true from what I gather… I just ordered one today … for x-mas

Larry Anderson
12-05-2007, 6:34 PM
Convinced me, I've been looking at it for some time. Still have my Woodcraft $50 gift card from the PM2000 debacle which will help a little.

richard poitras
12-05-2007, 9:40 PM
Larry ,Woodcraft also has a free glass wheel rebate going on now also if you by one from them and free shipping and you get a $20.00 gift card. Just something to think about if your looking ...

Terre Hooks
12-05-2007, 9:54 PM
Richard,

he said he was convinced.

Larry Anderson
12-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Larry ,Woodcraft also has a free glass wheel rebate going on now also if you by one from them and free shipping and you get a $20.00 gift card. Just something to think about if your looking ...

Yes, I noticed that.

Larry Anderson
12-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Went to place my order but get a blank page when I try to download the rebate form. What am I missing?

Bart Leetch
12-06-2007, 1:03 AM
Went to place my order but get a blank page when I try to download the rebate form. What am I missing?

I received my WS3000 without rebate form but I called them & they mailed me one.

Mike Dauphinee
12-06-2007, 6:57 AM
Interesting site. Confirms all the comments that $6 is a real bargain to keep this site going as it is.

Rick Potter

Wow, I didn't know that $6 bought you the rights to trash another site in such a backhanded way. But I have seen it here before, so you are not alone.:(

I thought we were all about WW and sharing, not protecting a Holy Grail:confused:

I thought it was a well written and very informative review. Something to aspire to for the sake of other woodworkers and a community benefit. IMO, that is a good thing.

Glenn Clabo
12-06-2007, 7:07 AM
Aw Mike...maybe he was saying that because he comes to SMC...and was told about the review at SMC...he thought SMC was worth the $6.00? At least that's how I read read it. Who's trashing?

Terre Hooks
12-06-2007, 8:19 AM
Aw Mike...maybe he was saying that because he comes to SMC...and was told about the review at SMC...he thought SMC was worth the $6.00? At least that's how I read read it. Who's trashing?

You could be correct, Glenn. But he won't accept private messages to inquire and he hasn't returned to explain his comment.

Mike Dauphinee
12-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Glenn, my engrish reads...Article of first sentence...other site. Second sentence....contrast of first. :confused: But, you could be right, and it sure was short and sweet and lacking clarifications necessary. The burden is definitely on assumption. So I can also assume we are both right. Then depending on the outfall, one of us will be wrong.;)

Mike Stone
12-10-2007, 11:40 AM
I may be a lurker, but that's not how it came off to me either.

Stan Smith
12-18-2007, 3:50 PM
In case you are looking for a sharpener, check out this review-

http://woodworkerszone.com/index.php?pageid=Review

It is a real review, very well written and well thought out.

A very excellent review, IMHO, with many helpful comments and suggestions. Even though, as pointed out in the review, the price is quite reasonable, I'm going to wait a bit and see what those new attachments are going to be. I heard this tool advertised on Paul Harvey today and that's what got me curious to check further. If anyone gets the tool with the new attachments, please let us know what you think of them. Many Many thanks to your friend Terre for his indepth review.

I didn't think the guy was trashing the other site either. I concur that SMC is great site for Wworkers. It has survived over the years. Yep, I remember Badger Pond. The more sites the better and why do they have to be mutually exclusive?

stan

Bryan Berguson
12-18-2007, 3:58 PM

This is the way I took it too.

Bryan

Doug Shepard
12-18-2007, 6:08 PM
My first impression is that it's a reference to the advertising on the other site, not a trash on the content there or here - just saying it's worth the $$ to keep SMC Ad-free ???