PDA

View Full Version : Best Corel Instruction?

Gregg Vaughn
12-04-2007, 1:41 PM
I've now been getting to know my laser and Corel since June. We have come a long way together with lots of help from all of the experts who visit this forum. I've wasted my share of material, had a ton of fun, had many great successes, started to make a little money and am looking forward to learning and moving on.

However, I can clearly see at this point that I really need to learn a lot more about CorelDraw 13 to make life a bunch easier and more productive. That brings me the point of this thread ...

What is the best tutorial(s), CD/DVD, school, seminar, book or other mechanism to master this software?

Scott Shepherd
12-04-2007, 1:48 PM
Two resources that have helped me the most have been the Roy Brewer video clips online (free) and YouTube (free). There are some outstanding ones on YouTube, and I think Roy has some up there as well. Every time I watch him work, I learn something.

Nancy Laird
12-04-2007, 1:48 PM
Roy Brewer's tutorial CDs, without a doubt. They can be sort of dry and nap-inducing, but he sure has a lot of valuable info in there. I haven't found a single school anywhere in the Albuquerque area that is giving classes in CorelDraw. And you can always ask the question you have here and get an answer from one of the experts on this board.

Nancy (17 days)

Larry Bratton
12-04-2007, 4:21 PM
I've now been getting to know my laser and Corel since June. We have come a long way together with lots of help from all of the experts who visit this forum. I've wasted my share of material, had a ton of fun, had many great successes, started to make a little money and am looking forward to learning and moving on.

However, I can clearly see at this point that I really need to learn a lot more about CorelDraw 13 to make life a bunch easier and more productive. That brings me the point of this thread ...

What is the best tutorial(s), CD/DVD, school, seminar, book or other mechanism to master this software?
Gregg:
http://www.unleash.com/
If you are serious about Corel, the bootcamp in Cave Creek, Az is a fun experience as well as a great way to learn. I did it several years ago and have never regretted it. Foster Coburn did the classes at that time and he is a world renowned Corel guru. Has published book after book on the subect. (PS, don't go in the summer!)
Good luck!