PDA

View Full Version : TS Fence and Wixey Readout

daniel lane
12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Quick question, guys and gals: Does the Wixey saw fence digital readout work with the Delta T2 fence? Normally I'd dig around sites, go down and look at the fence in the shop, and Google search this, but I don't have the time before I need to place an order. I'm looking at the Wixey package on Woodcraft and I'm thinking it's a good deal to include in the order, if it will work.

Anyone?

Thanks,

daniel

Mike McCann
12-04-2007, 12:40 PM
go tot he wixey site and call their customer service they would be able to tell you.

daniel lane
12-04-2007, 1:17 PM
Wixey doesn't have a phone number, "...since [they] are a two-person company..." Due to my completely unrealistic timetable, I was rather hoping for a quicker response than unsolicited email, but perhaps they will be checking frequently today...

Thanks, though.

daniel

daniel lane
12-04-2007, 1:20 PM
Speak of the devil. Wow, talk about response time! I just received this, about 30 minutes after I sent them email.

Daniel;

Thanks for your interest in our products. The Delta T2 is almost exactly
like a Biesemeyer so it will mount very easy.

It is also easy to move it from one fence to the other. Just requires
removing the 4 the brackets and drilling a new set of holes in your
UniFence.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Barry Wixey
Wixey
email digital@wixey.com (https://www.fastmail.fm/mail/?MLS=MR-**495*;SMB-MF-SF=Date_1;SMR-MI=495;SMB-MF-TP=0;SMB-FT-TP=0;SMR-PT=;Ust=5402d109%21fa0141ad;SMB-MF-DR=100;SMB-CF=5690247;SMR-FM=1;UDm=49;MSignal=MC-FromName*U-1*digital%40wixey.com)
web site www.wixey.com (http://www.wixey.com)Guess I can go ahead and bite the bullet. :D

daniel

Mike Goetzke
12-04-2007, 1:56 PM
Danial - I found a simpler/compact way to mount the Wixey to my Biese. If your fence is like mine you may want to look at my post at WN titled "Wixey on My Uni Biesemeyer Fence"

Mike

Gary Muto
12-04-2007, 3:06 PM
I mounted a Wixey to a T2 fence and was able to use the existing screws and holes. Very fast installation. ;)Unfortunately, I didn't know that I could have mounted the sensor rail "upside down" to reduce the gap. The problem is that I've already attached the sensor strips and they have to have the correct orientation. Before you try to mount the track in the low profile orientation, make sure ther is enough clearance for the readout to slide.
HTH
Good luck and enjoy!