PDA

View Full Version : Feedback

Waymon Campbell
02-17-2004, 5:14 PM
Folks - I have gotten some feedback from about a dozen or so contacts I made at the recent Houston Woodworkers Show. All the feedback was positive and the only recurring negative theme was from folks interested in the FPP but needing the "How do I?" question answered, and not having an easy way to find it. They observe that the web FPP web site has links to the many places. But they would like the below questions answered in one place.

For instance:

"I am a woodturner, how do I request pen kits.?"
"How do I request blanks?"
"I am a woodworker and would like to produce blanks. How do I get them shipped?"
"I would like a question answered before I proceed. Who do I communicate with?"

So, I put up an example of what we might want to try at http://www.fbcmb.org/fpp.htm. Please take a look and comment. In particular, note the changes in the "How do I get involved?" area. The links are not necessarily pointing to the right resource, but you get the idea.

Jerry Stringer
02-18-2004, 12:29 AM
Looks pretty good - and a good idea, too.

I especially like the little jingle, "Handmade pens for hometown heros!"

Thanks for the help!

Jerry

Daniel Yourdon
02-18-2004, 7:53 PM
I gotta get a page on my web sight made for all of this.
It's a really nice job.

Dennis Peacock
02-18-2004, 8:03 PM
I would like a page like this to post on my personal web site for visitors to view. Do we have a standard html page that we can copy and paste and any jpeg files needed. Or do we have something "splashy" to put up on our web sites to POINT them to the FPP main web site.?

Waymon Campbell
02-18-2004, 9:40 PM
I really just posted this as a way of showing Keith Outten some of my ideas for the official site. I have also offered my assistance to him since he is so busy with the FPP stuff. Having said that, if anyone needs a single HTML page for their site just let me know what you want and I will be happy to make one for you. Keep in mind that all of us with web sites need to make sure to point folks back to the official site for the bulk of their information. I would be happy to help anyone in anyway that I can.

Keith Outten
02-19-2004, 6:10 AM
(Grinning) Waymon, I hear you loud and clear and I have been watching your updates as well. I made a few changes to the FreedomPens.org site this morning and will incorporate more links and information to make it easier for everyone to get the information they need. I decided to do the FP web site myself because I enjoy the work and I don't get much of an opportunity to contribute other than behind the scenes lately.

I'm receiving a ton of email these days and some of it has to be incorporated in the web site, lots of it is being forwarded to Ken Salisbury and to Jackie. We have some companies who are in the process of obtaining official approval to become sponsors of the program, their information is pending and can't be included on the web site as yet. Lots of material is in the shipping phase right now and I'm not sure what next week may bring our way. As soon as the program starts to square away I will delegate tasks to those members who want to get more involved with the program.

It's true that I have been very busy, not much new there as I have a track record of taking on more work than I can do...it's a bad habit :)

This weekend I have cleared a block of time to make some pens, there's no way I'm gonna ship the first batch of pens without my name being on the list!!! (End of Grin)

Waymon Campbell
02-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Keith - I am sure I echo everyone involved with the FPP by saying thanks for your efforts. We have a come a long way in just a little over a month, but still a long way to go.

On a more personal note, if you need any assistance, you have but to ask.