PDA

View Full Version : Cost

Jon Lanier
12-04-2007, 12:32 AM
When I do pens or bowls and would like them engraved what should be the price range for the service? There are a few laser guys around here and I'd like to know what I'm looking for. Thanks.

-Jon

Mike Null
12-04-2007, 7:34 AM
This will be interesting and has come up before. You will find some will do pens for $2. I have $4 as my low price and $5 as a one only price with different names.

If you have a jig and a high volume customer then a lower price might be in order.

I haven't done any bowls but I would be sure to charge for set up time.

Stephen Beckham
12-04-2007, 9:27 AM
Concur with Mike - when I have a crafter that will return quite often, I usually give them a $2 rate. My only request is that they don't bring them in one every other day unless absolutely necessary.

When a one time customer comes in, it's a $5 charge.

Mike Hood
12-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm much the same. I'll comp a new custom once for their first piece. This gives me two advantages. #1 - He has an example of my capabilities in hand (at his expense) #2 - I've tooled his pieces once before when he comes back.

Usually the second piece is $2.00 each with a $5.00 minimum. This makes them think about bringing at least 3 pieces in at a time. Works well if you can keep them thinking about combining their efforts.