PDA

View Full Version : Profile in need of a little TLC

AL Ursich
12-03-2007, 9:23 PM
I have a older Epilog Profile that I picked up used. Have not had much time to play with it but last summer I did some stuff in the upper table area no problem.

Now I am doing a plaque and at the 4 inch point or 1/2 way down the plaque the power goes away. No beam past 4 inches from the top to the bottom.

So I reset and back to the top of the plaque. Laser On and it is burning.

1. Put tape over the laser and burn for a second, good
2. Put tape over the first mirror and burn and looking at the burn it is in the upper right of the mirror as the beam looks at it. The far right of the mirror is burnt.
3. Put tape over the entrance to the lens and it burns in the outer 10 O'Clock position.

Need a new 1st mirror. Anyone have any extras to sell?

Cleaned the mirror and rotated the bad spot and got a hotter beam.

Back to the test.

At the 4 inch point loose the beam again.

1. Put tape over the laser and burn for a second and get a burn through.
2. Put tape over the first mirror and get a burn in the right side again.
3. Put tape over the input of the lens and NO burn. Put a bigger piece just to see and no burn....

Anyone care to write me a lens alignment how too or point me to a web link?

Thanks,

AL

I am a Electronic Tech so this is right up my alley, just need to know what to do. I believe the first step is to adjust the laser in back so it hits the 1st mirror in the middle.

Edit. Did a search via AOL and it took me to some Sawmill 2005 posts.... :)

I do have laser Safety Glasses.

I believe it has a new tube in it but the installation might have been rushed at the time.

I replaced the 3 older units with 2 Epilog's.

Found the Epilog site to have a bunch of downloads and links but no alignment.

Looking for mirrors, lens, and a rotary for the Profile if anyone has some laying around? $L@@K$

AL Ursich
12-07-2007, 12:42 AM
I have the Alignment Kit with the Interlock Bypass and Laser Firing control. I also purchased a replacement mirror for the one that is burnt on the edge. A project for next week.

Finished the plaque I was working on by doing just half then flipping it and doing the bottom. Couldn't reach the center so I put a Sublimated Drink Coaster in the center then color filled.

Did one with Sublimation, another with CLTT, and one with the Sears Carve Machine.

Both Carve Machines are down too.... Broken board detectors. Parts will be here tomorrow.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.... CAT being Cantankerous Automated Techonology....

AL

PS Still looking for a Rotary and Mirrors and Lenses anyone might want to get rid of.

Frank Corker
12-07-2007, 8:01 AM
Good looking stuff there Al, you'd never know you'd had CAT problems ;)

Scott Shepherd
12-07-2007, 1:02 PM
That George guy sure is getting a lot of awards :) Nice looking work Al. You have more patience then I do!