PDA

View Full Version : Help on finding plans

Al Willits
12-03-2007, 6:42 PM
Need a bit of help here, loml would like a small stand to put the upstairs TV on and this is what she wants...well it is if the picture made it to this post anyway.

Does anybody have or know of plans to build something like this?

I can find ones that are close but they all have the TV inside, Beasty says nope, this is what she wants.

TV is 27" if that makes any difference.

Not quite brave enough to free lance it, she has said she'd like this one to look nice...I'm not sure if that's a reference on the last few projects I've made, or the fact its going into the living room, but it will be the first "nice" piece of furniture and I'd like to convince her all the whining I did to get a garage full of woodworking tools was worth it...:D

Tia

Al

Greg Sznajdruk
12-03-2007, 6:54 PM
I've been fooling around with Sketchup and have seen a tutorial on FWW site where you can bring in a digital picture and use this picture to start a drawing. So far I'm behind on the learning curve but it looks like it may be possible. May be others have done so and can comment.

Greg

Al Willits
12-03-2007, 8:38 PM
Thanks but not at that stage where I can design much less figure out skechup, still need plans with cut lenghts, joinery, and step by step instructions on assembly.

Getting better, but not quite there yet..:)

Al

chris yount
12-03-2007, 9:12 PM
I found this free plan maybe you could use the layout and deminsions and modify the doors to make similar.It will give you a start any how.

http://www.woodsmith.com/issues/154/extras/corner-media-cabinet/.

Al Willits
12-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks I think it will help, least get me headed in the right directions.

Al