PDA

View Full Version : Powermte ir compressor at Lowe's

Vernon Taylor
12-03-2007, 6:41 PM
Was in Lowe' today,they had one gallon powermate air compressor with brad nailer for $49.99. LOML would like to get one for her workshop where she builds dollhouses primarily because she has space limitations. Would only be used for brad nailer and pin nailer. Anyone have one of these?

Rich Engelhardt
12-05-2007, 1:22 AM
Hello,
I bought one a year ago out of morbid curiousity.
It's worked surprisingly well. I've abused it several times just to see "if it could", by hooking it up to a framing nailer.
It naturally strained beyond normal limits to keep up, but it did manage to - just barely. I could only run 3 nails, then had to wait for it to build pressre again.
On a 1 to 10 scale, with 1 being total junk and 10 being a super deal, I'd have to honestly give it a 6.5.
It has little trouble keeping up with an 18 ga brad nailer and has sufficient power to drive even 1 1/4" staples flush or slightly countersunk.

Running a 16 ga 2 1/2" finishing nail gave few if any problms either.

The only real drawback is noise.

For portability and the ability to run it at the end of a 100' extension cord, it get's an A+.

Bill White
12-05-2007, 9:25 AM
I bought the thing for touch up work. Mine came with a 1/4" narrow crown stapler. Surprised at the value. It's done what I needed.
Bill