PDA

View Full Version : Laser

Tony Williams
12-03-2007, 7:39 AM
I wanted to add a laser to my printing business to do some name tags, plaques, wood, and other things that a print shop would offer. Was wondering if purchasing a used laser was a good idea, if not why, any suggestions how I might find a good used laser, or who might have one for sale, and what should I look for in a used laser so I could make a right decesion on buying one for the type of business I have,,,, thanks Tony

Brian Robison
12-03-2007, 8:16 AM
Hi Tony,
Why not try working with a person that already has a laser to teat the waters? It will keep you from having a big expense to get started with new products. If you end up with enough business then you could look at buying one or you may find someone that will do what you need and you could concentrate on what you already do.
All that being said, look at http://www.usedlasers.com/

Mike Null
12-03-2007, 8:19 AM
Tony
Welcome to SMC.

Your topic has come up many times so I suggest you try several searches of the archives.

If you know the serial number of the machine you're considering some of manufacturers will give you a history of the machine.

Scott Shepherd
12-03-2007, 8:20 AM
You can also expect some fairly steep discounts off of list price on most lasers. For just a little bit more, you might very well find that you can get a brand new laser. It's worth a look into.

Rodne Gold
12-03-2007, 10:30 AM
If you dont have one , a medium/large format print and cut digital printer would be a better option.(Roland 540 or the like) You already have a customer base which you dont have for lasered stuff.