PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit Lasers Settings

Arturo Villegas
12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Hello everyone!

I' ve been trying to get my chinese laser up and running for a while now but still cant figure out the settings. The settings (speed,power,PPI) for us is totally different than the settings on most US made lasers. Does anybody have something on these chinese lasers settings? The info. that came with it is bogus and doesnt make any sense.

Ive been trying to do some images on granite and they are not coming out as great as the ones you guys post. Will my laser be able to images? It only does 2 bit images is that why? Or is it just me and my settings?

Thanks,

:confused:

Jim Watkins
12-02-2007, 11:07 PM
What is the wattage of your laser?

Arturo Villegas
12-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Oops.
I have a 80 Watt Laser.

leon buber
12-08-2007, 3:54 PM
[dear arturo

i am thinking of buying rabbit laser.

cant you get support from their USA office?

Bill Cunningham
12-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Lasers in general only do two bit images Arturo. Granite is not a easy medium to get good images on. It does work well for text, and line art but photographs would either have to be processed in photograv, or manipulated with photopaint into a good binary (2 bit file) before engraving.
Marble, anodized alum., leather, and enameled brass are quite easy to get a good half tone image onto.. Try any of those and see how you do.. If images on those come out blurry, you are probably over burning..
Let us know how you make out!

Arturo Villegas
12-09-2007, 2:43 AM
[dear arturo

i am thinking of buying rabbit laser.

cant you get support from their USA office?

Not what you will expect. But they are working at it. Hopefully it gets better in the future.