PDA

View Full Version : My Collection of fine pens

Alex Elias
12-02-2007, 10:19 PM
And thick pens too:p. Since this is what I've done the most of I thought to put a link to my work. I hope I can make as many bowls, HF, and other beautiful thing like most of you show here.
I was happy with the pens till I came here and saw your things.
Thanks for looking

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17038403@N06/sets/

Welcome all kind of comments except bad ones :D. Just kidding any comments are good when they are honest.
Regards,
Alex

Johnathan Bussom
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Alex,
For sure you have nothing to be ashamed of with your work!
Pens are amazing, finish and quality, one thing for sure you are not stuck in a rut....... many different styles and feelings for the pens.
Your boxes??? (as I call them) surperb! I really like the one with the M&M's, would make a nice ring box but then as small as it is it might be misplaced (like my wife's is all the time) as easily as a ring! is that top and rim ebony? great job on them.
Looking forward to seeing what you are doing in the future!

Julie Tanner
12-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Your Pens are absolutely Beautiful !!

Alex Elias
12-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Thank you guys for your comments.
John the box with M&M's has the rim made of ebony you are correct.
Thanks again
Alex

Ben Gastfriend
12-03-2007, 4:11 PM
Alex- What's the name of this kit/where'd ya get it?

Oh, yeah... your work is simply amazing. The variety is great. They all look great. Can't wait to see more.

John Hart
12-03-2007, 5:57 PM
Very nice grouping of pens Alex. I was especially impressed with the segmented styles where there were just a few pieces offering contrasting colors and figure. Did you do those glue-ups yourself or did the blanks come that way? Very striking.

Alex Elias
12-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Alex- What's the name of this kit/where'd ya get it?

Oh, yeah... your work is simply amazing. The variety is great. They all look great. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for the comment. The kit comes from Craft Suplly USA and it's called panache. It comes in 10K gold, black and (Rhodium the one on the picture) there are all ball points but you could use the Jr jent fountain insert which is the same, as I did on the pen you show. Pretty unique looking pens.

Very nice grouping of pens Alex. I was especially impressed with the segmented styles where there were just a few pieces offering contrasting colors and figure. Did you do those glue-ups yourself or did the blanks come that way? Very striking.

Thank you for the comments too. The blanks there I glued up my self. Random angles and designs. The ones I called quilted as well, those are the ones made up out of buch of pieces of wood or acrilic. Also I've being casting lately, the cobra and rattle snake skins, coffee beans, sand, sponge, and bla bla bla. They are fun pens to make and they sell well.
Thanks again for looking
Alex

robert hainstock
12-05-2007, 9:32 AM
Alex,
your pens show outstanding attention to detail. I am especially interested in the Kallenshann pens. Did you expierence any assembly difficulty or poor fit? They gave me the hair pulling fits.
ob H

Alex Elias
12-05-2007, 2:22 PM
I've only made 2 of those pens and I found the fit to be good. Very tight (not as a negative) on the stripes, easy to fix with light sanding of the edges. The second thime arround I put it together in half the time. I liked it a lot. I will buy one more and keep the pen this time.
Thanks again for your nice comments

Alex,
your pens show outstanding attention to detail. I am especially interested in the Kallenshann pens. Did you expierence any assembly difficulty or poor fit? They gave me the hair pulling fits.
ob H

Paul Engle
12-05-2007, 2:55 PM
Alex.... very nice penmanship indeed. the Sail boat pen is very striking ( I be partial to boats anyway, great..5 or 6 greats ... grandpa Capt. Thomas Willett capt'd the Mayflower II ) , as are the rest of your gallery. Very nice work indeed, unlike some of us here ...you should have no trouble quiting your day job !!! :rolleyes::D. Looking fwd to seeing more of your work as you branch out!!!

Grant Wilkinson
12-05-2007, 3:02 PM
That's a beautiful body of work, Alex.