PDA

View Full Version : Wixley Digitial Angle Gage

Victor Stearns
12-02-2007, 5:59 PM
Greetings to All,
I was kinda looking at ROCKLER's site today, and they have the WIXLEY digitial angle gage cleareance priced at $29.99. 25% off!
Victor

Jim McDonald
12-02-2007, 7:11 PM
Greetings to All,
I was kinda looking at ROCKLER's site today, and they have the WIXLEY digitial angle gage cleareance priced at $29.99. 25% off!
Victor
Might want to drift on over to Woodcraft...They have the Wixey digital saw fence and a free angle gauge + free shipping for 99.00. Got mine installed yesterday...and now have two angle gauges. Really a nice unit.

Edward P. Surowiec
12-03-2007, 5:35 PM
I own a PM2000 cabinet saw. Do you know if there would be much of a hassle installing the Wixey Digital Fence readout??
Is it necessary to drill holes in the saw's rip fence rails??

Thanks Ed

Gary Keedwell
12-03-2007, 5:54 PM
I own a PM2000 cabinet saw. Do you know if there would be much of a hassle installing the Wixey Digital Fence readout??
Is it necessary to drill holes in the saw's rip fence rails??

Thanks Ed
I have read a few posts that say installation was a breeze.
Gary

Ken Baker
12-03-2007, 6:07 PM
I looked at these and when I saw it for $99 at Wodcraft with the free angle gauge I couldn't pass.

The install instructions aren't the clearest. I have a Unisaw with the Biesemeyer fence. There are two parts to the install. A small bracket that you mount to the left or right of the fence, way in the front - it pushes or pulls the gauge along the track. In the case of the Bies fence it mounted right onto the existing - no holes to drill - so at most you drill one screw there.

Then you mount four brackets underneath the front rail. They tell you if you have the Bies - you drill it exactly 1 1/2" in from the front - you have to measure for your own.

Then the track mounts to the brackets. There is some play in both the bracket mount to the table and the rail, so you have a lot of slop.

But's that it. It does measure really well - I'm spoiled now.

Jim McDonald
12-03-2007, 7:50 PM
I have read a few posts that say installation was a breeze.
Gary
I installed mine on a Griz cabinet saw..all I had to do was install the brackets that hold the digital rail opposite of what they showed. Used the same mount screws that were original..didn't have to drill any other holes. Like it really well. I made a micro adjuster to go along with it...it dosn't work as well as I had hoped. The magnets allow it to slide instead of moving the fence, but by pressing down on it, you can adjust it to a gnats hair.