PDA

View Full Version : RED Box Elder W/ Burl HF

George Guadiane
12-02-2007, 3:56 PM
Joel Nuciforo is lurking here somewhere, he provided the wood for this piece (and several others to come). He was VERY generous as I pointed out that there was a little burl on the piece. He said "Take it" so I did...
I didn't get quite the form I wanted, and I made the opening a little larger than I might have with any of my wood supply, but I didn't want to lose this one.
Diameter: 7 1/4 inches
Height: 5 inches
Finish: Water Based Poly
As Always, Comments, Critiques and Questions Always Welcome
I couldn't decide on a "good side" to picture, so I did this:

Tom Sherman
12-02-2007, 4:05 PM
George I got to tell ya I like this one a lot. The wood is beautiful and the way that you have displayed it is getting the most out of it IMHO.

Paul Engle
12-02-2007, 4:38 PM
Nice job George, the finish is spot on, I am going to keep my eyes open for some of that box elder, fabulous color and figure.Ya done good with for sure!!!

Steve Schlumpf
12-02-2007, 4:59 PM
Now that's impressive George! I don't think there is a 'bad' side to this one - absolutely beautiful!

Mike A. Smith
12-02-2007, 5:23 PM
What Steve said!

Alex Elias
12-02-2007, 5:39 PM
I must agree you with you. The opening is bigger than the grand canyon and the shape lets a lot to be desired. Avoid the shame. I'll give you my address and I'll quitely dispose of it.
Make sure this never happens again.
Congrats on the beautiful piece.
Alec

Joel Nuciforo is lurking here somewhere, he provided the wood for this piece (and several others to come). He was VERY generous as I pointed out that there was a little burl on the piece. He said "Take it" so I did...
I didn't get quite the form I wanted, and I made the opening a little larger than I might have with any of my wood supply, but I didn't want to lose this one.
Diameter: 7 1/4 inches
Height: 5 inches
Finish: Water Based Poly
As Always, Comments, Critiques and Questions Always Welcome
I couldn't decide on a "good side" to picture, so I did this:

Julie Tanner
12-02-2007, 6:06 PM
Beautiful lookin bowl.

I really love the shape and the color.

Hope I can find some Box Elder soon.

George Guadiane
12-02-2007, 6:10 PM
I must agree you with you. The opening is bigger than the grand canyon and the shape lets a lot to be desired. Avoid the shame. I'll give you my address and I'll quitely dispose of it.
Make sure this never happens again.
Congrats on the beautiful piece.
Alec
Alec,
If you just PM me, I'll tell you where to go to pick it up :eek: (if you like):D
Thank You Everyone.

robert hainstock
12-02-2007, 6:20 PM
Geeez George, does a basketball have a bad side? That piece is a "keeper" from any angle. You do beaytiful work. :D
Bob

Gary Herrmann
12-02-2007, 6:27 PM
I like it. The form and the wood. Well done.

Alex Elias
12-02-2007, 7:00 PM
Alec,
If you just PM me, I'll tell you where to go to pick it up :eek: (if you like):D
Thank You Everyone.

To bad you are not on the Palmdale CA area. I'd take you up on it.:(
I really like your work. I came up great. I mean it

John Hart
12-02-2007, 7:13 PM
Very nice George...Form, Wood and everything. Sheesh...That thing has nothing but good sides.:)

Curt Fuller
12-02-2007, 8:51 PM
That's some incredible wood and you did a great job of bring out the best in it.

Bernie Weishapl
12-02-2007, 9:38 PM
George that is a beauty. The wood, form and finish.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
12-03-2007, 6:49 AM
That may not be your favorite form, George, but lemmetellya you've really shown off the wood with that one! What a beaut!