PDA

View Full Version : Help on Glue!!!

Mark Koenig
12-02-2007, 2:18 PM
Help, I ordered some award blanks but did not know that they came unassembled... Didn't order any glue and need to get these done today for a local fire depratment... Do they have something at Lowes that will dry clear???

Larry Bratton
12-02-2007, 3:11 PM
Help, I ordered some award blanks but did not know that they came unassembled... Didn't order any glue and need to get these done today for a local fire depratment... Do they have something at Lowes that will dry clear???
Mark:
My assumption is that your gluing acrylic. I'm afraid your only option today would be something like Super Glue. Acrylic should be "glued" with Weldon #3. Super Glue will work, but I don't know how suitable it would be for your project. Hope this helps.

David James
12-02-2007, 3:58 PM
Lowe’s or HD will have a two-part epoxy glue that is most commonly found in the paint department with bondo and spray adhesives. It says that it dries with a yellowish tint, for the most part it has always dried clear for me, however I have never used it on acrylic, just in construction application. They set up in minutes to seconds depending on which one you get.