PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Fort Worth Woodcraft is really coming through!

Jerry Stringer
02-17-2004, 1:25 AM
I stopped by the Ft. Worth Woodcraft store today and Ray, the manager, was excited about the upcoming Turn-A-Thon. They already had a big sign up for folks to see and Ray has the information up on his store website. Here's a link:

http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/assets/html/storesframed.asp?MenuState=stores&mscssid=88AA60156408436A9F503EABAFB478B9&Gift=false&GiftID=

Ray is really coming through for us. The store is having a drawing for a Delta lathe at 4:00pm and all you have to do is sign up for it! Ray talked with Delta and now they want to help Freedom Pens too so they are donating the lathe. The winner DOES have to be present to win but no purchase is necessary.

Ray is of Scottish descent and is advertising that he will be wearing his kilt (and I'M NOT checking to see what's under it!!). Anyone coming into the store with any form of plaid on that day gets 10% off of any Delta product. Also, there will be balloons for the kids, plus he is putting together packets of pen hits and wood blanks with a blank card for folks to purchase at a discount, write a personal message to a troop, and drop it in a box to be turned and sent to a troop. He said there sould be 6-7 lathes going all the time and the store is donating all the supplies, He has about 14-15 people who are willing to turn pens.

Then he showed me the Woodcraft corporate website and our poster is on it so that any store can download it and use it!!!! Fantastic!

Today was a good day!

Jerry

Arvin Brown
02-17-2004, 9:10 AM
This is awsome!

Lars Thomas
02-17-2004, 9:34 AM
Who, at Woodcraft, isn't wearing plaid?

Ed Falis
02-17-2004, 2:52 PM
Jerry,

Sounds like Ray knows how to orchestrate a fine event! Good to have such allies.

- Ed