PDA

View Full Version : Bernie inspired.....

Bonnie Campbell
12-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Bernie was so nice to help me out with the basics on this. Here's my first potpourri pot. Black walnut, 4" x 1.75"...............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/annieoakley/Crafts/1stPotpourri.jpg

Steve Schlumpf
12-02-2007, 1:24 PM
Looks very nice Bonnie! Beautiful wood and finish!

Bernie Weishapl
12-02-2007, 1:26 PM
Bonnie that is beautiful. You did a great job on it. Love the wood and finish.

Jon Lanier
12-02-2007, 2:32 PM
Looks real nice, Bonnie, keep it up.

Tom Sherman
12-02-2007, 3:37 PM
Take it easy Bonnie you and Bernie are setting a fast pace here. Nice looking pot by the way.

George Guadiane
12-02-2007, 3:45 PM
Now, the two of you have inspired ME! I picked up several Potpourri tops at garage sales, spent $1.00 or less (I'm "thrifty"). Now I'm going to have to do at least one of them, just so I can say I did...
I like this one, the finish looks nice and there seems to be a balance between the wood and the cover/top.

David Fried
12-02-2007, 3:50 PM
Very nice Bonnie! I made one last Christmas and the only problem I had was finding potpourri ! Everything I found had whole pine cones and pineapples or something in it and appeared to made for a potpourri bowl the size of my bathtub. Any ideas where you find stuff a bowl the size you made?

Bonnie Campbell
12-02-2007, 4:07 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments. Though it's really not 'quite' done yet. I just used a friction polish on it. I'm going to coat it better with wipe on poly.

I've no idea where to buy the potpourri fill. I'll leave that up to the giftee lol Though my stepson has made up his own potpourri for gifts before, so he can make it for his girlfriends pot now.

Tony Wheeler
12-02-2007, 4:31 PM
very nice Bonnie now I guess that I had better get to the shop and make some for the fours lids LOML bought six months ago before she sees all of these and my bed get moved to the shop

Mike A. Smith
12-02-2007, 5:20 PM
Nice one Bonnie! Fill'er with cedar shavings and let'er rip!

John Hart
12-02-2007, 7:09 PM
See? That's the problem with Bernie....He does all these cool things and we're left trying to keep up. And you certainly did that Bonnie. Nice work!:)
(Potpurri stuff is found in the candle section of your local anything store.)

Bernie Weishapl
12-02-2007, 9:51 PM
I was going to say the LOML gets it at Wal-Mart in the candle section.

Johnathan Bussom
12-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Bonnie,

Bernie inspired me also, I went out to the shop and found a 4 3/4" square of Cherry, thats a little under his suggested size but I gave it some consideration to cut it but it was too cold and snowing so it sets... I did go and order 10 of the tops for these but that is as far as I got, glad to see that these can also look great being a smaller size!

Maybe when the tops arrive the earth will move me (or the wife will) to make some of these!

Yours looks great!

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
12-03-2007, 7:18 AM
Nice looking piece, Bonnie!

Paul Heely
12-03-2007, 7:25 AM
Nice job Bonnie. Every time LOML sees one of these I seem to get more inspired to try them.... Guess I'll have to do some soon.