PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Ice Clear Acrylic

Frank Defert
12-01-2007, 8:16 PM
I was at the BORG today and came across an acrylic lighting panel made by Plastikote ( no affiliation ). It is called Craked Ice Clear and is smooth on one side and slightly textured on the other. It looks like shattered ice or safety glass, thought it might make interesting snowflakes and ornaments. Did a MSDS search but could not find it. Anybody use this or know about it? Looking for comments or suggestions....

Thanks....Frank

Bill Cunningham
12-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Their usually acrylic about 1/16" thick, used as a insert for diffusion lighting in hung ceilings.. No reason they can't be cut into snowflakes..

Frank Defert
12-02-2007, 3:18 PM
Thanks Bill, just what I wanted to hear. Now if the real snowflakes would stop falling from the sky I could get to the BORG...

Joe Pelonio
12-02-2007, 5:46 PM
Thanks Bill, just what I wanted to hear. Now if the real snowflakes would stop falling from the sky I could get to the BORG...
Careful what you ask for, my neighbor to the north. We had 8 inches of the white stuff here yesterday, now it's raining hard with 40-50 mph winds and expect flooding tomorrow. Luckily we're on high ground and I have a generator.

Frank Defert
12-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Joe,

As I sit down at the computer with a hot....chocolate in my hand to shake off the chill of shovelling snow the heavy rains have started. It was as if someone just turned the thermostat way up and it started to rain. I too am on higher ground, but there will be flooding.

Frank

Bill Cunningham
12-04-2007, 9:59 PM
Just got shoveled out here... The view out the front of my shop next to the house..

Frank Corker
12-05-2007, 6:31 AM
Wow Bill that looks so .......so.... ....so inviting!

Frank Defert
12-05-2007, 11:41 PM
The Cracked Ice cuts out nicely. The texture and cracked ice look really make nice snowflakes. Only downfall, material is slightly less than 1 / 16 so the snowflakes are quite fragile.

Look west, over the mountains to the ocean, sunny and crystal clear with cooler temps thru the weekend , no SNOW or RAIN, my kind of winter...

Frank :cool:

Bill Cunningham
12-06-2007, 8:07 PM
What the hec happened to 'Global Warming' ? This must 'really' be hurting Al Gore's pocket book!:D