PDA

View Full Version : Finally my own real shop

George Bregar
12-01-2007, 6:18 PM
I have a empty three car garage at my lake home in Northern Wisonsin, and since it's never used for cars (to far up the hill to bother) I'm putting in a shop. Have to wait for spring to insulate, wire, drywall, etc. so busy looking for tool bargains. So far off craigslist:

10" Unisaw/Unifence with extensions...about 10 years old but excellent condition.
8" Delta DJ-20 joiner, extra set of new knives, excellent condition.

Got these two for $1,800 The saw may be resold to my buddy because my sister wants to learn WW but insists on buying a Saw Stop TS, so who am I to argue! :D

Jet 12" bandsaw $200. Closet company bought it for a job, never used it.

DeWalt 735 13" Planer, never used. $300

Need a good drill press, and router table
I have a Jet Mortiser but thinking of upgrading to a Grizzley G0448 HD Mortiser...like the x-y and tilt base, plus the power.
DC also.

Fun planning too in the interim, the Grizzley shop layout tool is cool! Here is a early version

Snow and now freezing rain/sleet here in WI, so staying warm and scheming!

Russ Cass
12-01-2007, 7:03 PM
:cool: Congrats on the new shop.

I would love to have a 3 car garage to put my shop.
I'm still using my 10'x12' basement shop and it's getting really crowded in there :(

Russ

Rick Gifford
12-01-2007, 7:04 PM
Looks like you found some good deals!

That shop would be sweet. So much room.

You might consider building your own router table. Alot of plans available online. Might be a great break-in project for the shop!

Don't forget to set yourself up with a good dust collection system.

Don Bullock
12-01-2007, 7:53 PM
George, that's fantastic news.Congratulations. I bet you don't waith til spring.;):D

George Bregar
12-01-2007, 8:17 PM
Looks like you found some good deals!

That shop would be sweet. So much room.

You might consider building your own router table. Alot of plans available online. Might be a great break-in project for the shop!

Don't forget to set yourself up with a good dust collection system. Yeah, I think so. The new DeWalt 735 is a sweet deal, the others pretty good. I likely will build my own and use the $$$ for a commercial product for other stuff. The break in project for the shop will be a workbench.

George Bregar
12-01-2007, 8:21 PM
George, that's fantastic news.Congratulations. I bet you don't waith til spring.;):D Thanks Don. As I've posted I've been using my buddy's shop which has been great, but the work suffers because you always feel pressure to get things done. I built A&C furniture for the cottage...one year start to finish. Yep, can't wait for spring, including we just got our first snow...4-6" of snow now freezing rain on top. :mad: BTW, seeing your in Cali, snow is this cold wet white slippery stuff.